I don't have a hardshell case. I'll get one eventually, but for now ... Will the humidifier stay in when my guitar is on its stand, upright? Or will the humidity just dissipate through the room too quickly that way? In that case, would a house humidifier serve me better?
Last edited by deathletter at Mar 10, 2012,
Dependant upon temperature and air circulation I have a feeling that much of the moisture will dissipte, but still will offer at least a little benefit. Until you get a case, use a couple sheets of plastic wrap over the sound hole with the humidfier in it.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
I actually very much doubt it will be of any benefit, whatsoever. it would disperse immediately into the room if it's just on a stand. Soft case might be of a LITTLE benefit, but not much.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah if you don't have a case there's not much point
You can buy a small room humidifier for like 40 bucks
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.