Ok so I've got this cigar box guitar and I've found this desing that I've fell in love with, but I have no clue how to build it. It looks lkie a resonator, but it says it's an acoustic?
Anyways my idea is I'm wanting to make an acoustic, with that kind of sound hole, what parts do I need to use for that? And is there anything special I should put on the inside? Also how do I do the blueburst paint job? Thanks!
Here's the guitar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBG-Cigar-Box-Guitar-3-string-acoustic-electric-all-hand-made-/280838383175?pt=Guitar&hash=item416345a647

EDIT: I want it to be a 6 string, and would prefer the bridge on the body, ideas?
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by JakePlaysGuitar at Mar 10, 2012,
Thanks, but what confuses me is the bridge, can I put a hardtail strat bridge sticking out of the bottom?
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Should the block go all the way down inside of the box? And also can I glue the neck on or should I bolt it on?
~Jimi Hendrix
I'm not a carpenter, so I'm not really sure, but the block needs to provide structural support for the bridge, so it probably needs to go all the way through.

As for the neck, it's up to you I guess.
I mean would glue be able to withstand the tension of the strings?
~Jimi Hendrix
So then I should bolt it on right? Lol
~Jimi Hendrix