I guess a familiarity with Plato's allegory of the cave is necessary to understand the chorus, but this song is basically about rejecting truth and choosing to live in blissful ignorance.

I want to live in North Korea
Where I won't have to hear your s***
They'll tell me we rule the world
And I will believe it

(Chorus)
I'll be told how to behave
I will hide in Plato's cave
If I just watch the shadows
I will never have to feel the flames

I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...

I think you should live in Eritrea
Where people aren't allowed to talk
This could be seen as quite oppressive
But at least you'd shut the f*** up

(Chorus)

I'm going on a trip
On a magical ship
I have to row quite hard
Because I don't like being whipped

My destination
Is quite a fascist nation
I'll miss my human rights
But I won't miss your f***ing aggravation

I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...
I don't wanna know...

If you want to hear the song, click the link in my sig.
I can't find a link in your sig, but the lyrics sound like they'd go well in a punk song.
I like this part -

I don't really understand the part about the magical ship though.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
They'd go decently in a punk song, but I'd advise you to change the "I don't wanna know" because blink-182 already did the same thing in their song Go
Haha did they? I'm actually a huge Blink fan (don't listen to them anymore, but nostalgically they're still massive for me) but I never heard any of their later stuff. I don't mind having a Blink "tribute lyric" in there. Plus, that's the line that everyone sings along with at our gigs so changing it wouldn't go down well!

VA, I don't actually read Plato, but I like the allegory of the cave. And "not terrible" is up there as one of my all time best reviews, alongside "stopped me from going out for a cigarette".
Quote by iup788
I can't find a link in your sig, but the lyrics sound like they'd go well in a punk song.
I like this part -

I don't really understand the part about the magical ship though.

Thanks man, it's kinda punk. Starts off acoustic then rips into pop-punk. My sig seems to be showing now, not sure what was wrong with it before. The ship is symbolic of slave trade ships (hence "I'll have to row quite hard because I don't like being whipped"), not that North Korea is actually associated with slave trade, but citizenship in such a nation could be viewed as political slavery.

Eritrea is another nation that has severe laws on free speech, if anyone wanted that clearing up.

Thanks for the feedback all.
ANNA ME - Two piece alternative rock band from Macclesfield. We write pop songs and sing them over heavy, toneless noise.
I enjoyed reading this. I liked to sarcastic tone ofthe flow was really good. My one complaint would have to be the "magical ship" stanza. It just didn't seem necessary and kind of weak in my opinion. In any case "magical" definitely doesn't seem like the righ adjective to describe the ship. Anyways, I really like the Plato reference an would lov to hear this recorded.

Crit mine please
Devotion
Yeah, I've always been unhappy with "magical" as the adjective there, I'll probably change it. You can hear the song at http://www.facebook.com/AnnaMeUK (or click my sig), that link will take you to the music tab. Thanks for the kind words though, I've read yours and I like it, I'll give it a proper critique later (just woke up with a hangover so I don't want to do it now).
ANNA ME - Two piece alternative rock band from Macclesfield. We write pop songs and sing them over heavy, toneless noise.