My jet city has V1,V2, 2 reverb sockets, and a Phase inverter socket.
After about 15 minutes of playing loudly and getting the tubes nice and warm, whenever i'd hit a big note like a power chord the amp would crackle pretty bad. i unplugged the guitar and sure enough the tube in the phase inverter socket would crackle really badly whenever it was touched with a pencil. So i took it out of The PI slot and switched it with the tube in V2. i started playing again and all was fine. but after it warmed up more, i played a big power chord and it started the crackling again. i unplugged my guitar and tapped on V2, figuring that tube was bad. but V1, V2, And the 2 reverb tubes didnt make any noise when tapped, other than a tapping sound which is expected. i tapped the PI socket and it was sounding really bad and crackling. i've switched several tubes around and whatever i put into the PI crackles badly. i have reverted back to just having the V2 and PI switched around, for simplicity. but either way, No matter what i put in the PI it'll crackle. this makes me think it's something else. i have twisted all the knobs on the amp and they are all loose. i have also made sure the speaker jack and the input are clean. I heard the issue could be something inside the circuit. any help would be appreciated, although i think i am going to have to take it into a shop. all the tubes are about 11 months old. but before switching them out i want to make sure the problem isnt in the amp itself.
BTW, this problem happened when i 1st got the amp, but has settled down in the past few months. last night i reseated the tubes and it started up again. ive had the amp for a year.
Cort KX1Q w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 Head
Orange PPC112 - 60W 1x12" V30 Cabinet
Two Notes Torpedo Live
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Universal Power Supply

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
the amp has a 1 year mfg warranty period. if you are at 11 months since the date of purchase you should be ok.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i purchased it used from musicians friend. i dont know how old it really is.
Fender Standard Stratocaster Plus Top - Aged Cherry Burst with Maple Fingerboard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody - Faded Cherry Sunburst w/ Seymour Duncan SH-55's

Two Notes Torpedo Live

Boss TU3 Chromatic Tuner -> Whirlwind Red Box Compressor -> Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive -> MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion -> Vick Audio '73 Ram's Head -> loop -> Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser -> Mooer Eleclady Flanger -> Strymon Flint Tremolo and Reverb -> MXR Carbon Copy Delay -> MXR 10-Band EQ
you should know when you purchased it.

they certainly do.

call them if you can't find your receipt.

it's all about the date of the sale to you, not whenever they got it.
i know that but what im saying is that the amp could be 2 years old for all i know. i bought it 11 months ago. but i didnt buy it new.

Two Notes Torpedo Live

just take it to a tech.

musicians friend should have some kind of used gear warranty as well.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by thundermonty
i didnt buy it new.

my bad i missed that part.

do what the caveman is saying.
i called MF and no help there. I went ahead and stepped back and looked at the big picture. there is something wrong with the PI circuit. So what i did was, i have a bunch of tubes. all light up very brightly when plugged in. but one tube i have doesnt light up 100% and i think it might be broken or underpowered. but i plugged that one into the PI. SUCCESS! using that tube allowed the amp to work, but it doesnt have enough juice flowing into the PI to make it crackle. or at least thats what i think it is.
With that knowledge any more input?

Two Notes Torpedo Live