This is my first ngd day here, and unfortunately its not super amazing, but at least it's thrifty. It's pretty much an accumulation of things I've picked up over the last week.
(wall of text after pic, read bolded parts if you don't wanna read it all)

Let's start at the back,
I got a gift card to a local music store for christmas and picked up a set of harmonicas because... well I feel like learning harmonica. It's a Hohner Piedmont Blues set of 7 different keys. They feel pretty cheap and light since they're mostly plastic, but the sound is surprisingly decent, although not as loud as an older, all-metal harmonica I have. Also, they smell like plastic and every time I use them I feel like I'm slowly developing cancer. They were $30 but technically free since I used a gift card (also got a cable and a slide at the same time).
Subtotal: $0

Pedal time
I got the EHX germanium od as a trade for an MIJ boss DS-2 which I never used cause it was too heavy for me and I don't really want to sound like Kurt Cobain. It's super cool. I can get a slight variety of tones out of it, but you really have to play around and get used to it for a while. It's good for adding grit/fuzz to my blues driver which is sometimes a bit too smooth. A lot of settings are unusable, but there's also a lot of really cool quasi-fuzz ones. There's not too much buzz except with certain settings, especially with the voltage over 1/4. The circuit is tiny and super simple, I don't understand why they put it in the full size case or charge $80 for it new, but the tone is quite top notch.
Subtotal: $0
I bought the Danelectro fab echo from a different music store for about $20. It's definitely a one trick pony, but that one trick is pretty sweet. Although its digital, it's a lot smoother than any other digital (non analog-voiced) delay I've used, although nowhere near as nice as my EHX memory toy. It does exactly what I want it to do, a nice tight slapback. It's like instant old school rockabilly slap or a nice ambient Grizzly Bear effect.
Subtotal: $20
I've wanted a compressor for a while, So I jumped on the chance to get one for $25 on my local classifieds. Went to the guy's place and tried it out. It seemed decent, the compression was good, but the bypass was pretty weak. I didn't notice how terrible the bypass was til I got home. I can't use it in my guitar rig cause it just messes up all my gain stages and makes everything terrible. I'm considering converting it to true bypass once I have the time to figure it all out and git r done. It's alright on bass though, although it does cut just a little bit of the lows. I have a really simple bass setup, so I might just keep it for that. Overall, not impressed, but it was cheap.
Subtotal: $45

Now for all the other stuff that doesn't really matter...
I found the "mailing companies for free stuff" thread and decided to give it a try. I got free picks from dunlop, planet waves, gravity, cactus, impact, and sunpickz. After playing with them all I've come to the conclusion that picks are all the same and there's no reason to be picky (pun somewhat intended) or spend money on them. The only differences are thickness and grip really. If you like picks with texture on them, I'd say cactus are the best, but their thin is too thin and their heavy is too thin as well (imo). Impact picks say they have some grippy shit on them, but I couldn't tell the difference, they're just non-standard sizes. The big ones are too big to pick with and the small ones are too small to strum with. Nothing special from dunlop really, but the "Teckpick" is metal. It's like playing guitar with a coin, but more comfortable. Planet waves are inexplicably my favourite, and their js chrome dome is the same thing as the dunlop teckpick. I found the gravity pick was too thick and dull sounding for guitar, but its perfect on bass (yes sometimes I use a pick with bass). Sunpickz are sorta neat cause they have a weird shape, but you can only really strum with them, picking is sloppy.
Conclusion: deal with free picks, they're all the same really
I also got some free strings, including a $30 5-string set of d'addario nylon tapewound bass strings. Ernie ball were bitches and wouldn't send me a set of cobalts, or any set for that matter. Havn't tried any of the strings yet, but they're just strings.
Total:$45

So yea, a bunch of shit, some good, some bad, for under $50. Alright I suppose.
Wait, wait, wait... the free stuff thread? Where? Wut?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by &baconstrips
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473851

aka the cheapskate thread, but I can't knock it, it's pretty much made for me

Cool!

But hey, nice stuff you got. I just bought myself some new gear and sold the old shitz...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Tim the Rocker

But hey, nice stuff you got. I just bought myself some new gear and sold the old shitz...

Thanks man,
I figure once I start making money again I'll get a decent fuzz and build myself a proper pedalboard with a better power supply and stuff.
Damn people getting free stuff, only Gravity Picks and GHS have actually agreed to send me anything - and I dont even know if GHS will send me anything other than a print catalog.

edit: ^ when does a narwhal bacon?
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Happy NGD :P

I got two free packs of strings from D'addario after one of the workers there saw my post on another forum saying I'd gotten a dodgy set of strings (was missing some and had some doubles)
There's nothing wrong with plastic harps, man. I mainly use Lee Oskars which also have a plastic body. They are louder, more responsive, easier to clean and maintain and you don't end up with a mouthful of rotten timber once they get old like my wooden Hohners always did.

If you ever want to get a better harp I highly recommend the Lee Oskar.

and HNGD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha, I love how my ngd thread has turned into a second free stuff thread

Quote by Cathbard
There's nothing wrong with plastic harps, man. I mainly use Lee Oskars which also have a plastic body. They are louder, more responsive, easier to clean and maintain and you don't end up with a mouthful of rotten timber once they get old like my wooden Hohners always did.

If you ever want to get a better harp I highly recommend the Lee Oskar.

and HNGD

Thanks eh! I didn't even know they made wood bodies harps, that just seems like a bad idea from the start. The set I got are almost entirely plastic, the part that you hold with your fingers is even plastic, as opposed to the old hohner pocket pal and hohner echo harps laying around my house which are mostly metal. I'd love to play the hohner echo one, but its all rusty and gross.

I checked out lee oskar harps, they seem cool, but I don't think I'll need an upgrade for quite a while haha.