After long wanting one, I finally went out and got a straight edge razor today. Made four or five small, negligible cuts, but it went really well otherwise for my first time using one. The shave itself is very smooth - feels much better than using multi-blade razors. I would highly recommend straight edge razors now. Bought a replaceable-blade one for $7 and a pack of five blades for $5. The blades are so damn sharp, I expect a single blade to last forever.

Any Pit monkeys use straight edge razors? Anyone interested in making the switch?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If I didn't have a beard and thus never shaved with a razor, I'd get a straight edge razor. They seem efficient.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by akack
I want to shave with the one in OP and use whiskey as aftershave. On the train in the morning.

Classy. That one probably costs $100.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I'll let you know when I hit puberty.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I don't shave.

Beard FTW.

I mean, I do shave my neck. Nobody wants neckbeard. I don't see the point in a fancy one like that for such a small amount of shaving.
Never tried one but I am rather interested in switching to a straight razor.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I'd be getting one soon - a barber used one of these shaving me and I really liked the result.

Quote by timbit2006
I used a 1 1/4 inch chisel once.

Facial surgery or just shaving?
Have contemplated making the switch, and now am only encouraged by you...where did you get it/cost?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Controlpanel
Have contemplated making the switch, and now am only encouraged by you...where did you get it/cost?

As they're not popular among the wider consumer base, probably because they're dangerous as fuck lol, I had to look at Yelp reviews for places that carried straight edges in my area. One of the reviews was a gifts and cutlery place a few miles away, and the solid blade ones cost $90 - $300 whereas the replaceable one was $7 haha. I got that one. It's not very difficult, but you have to be very gentle on the approach and make sure you are shaving down - not side to side.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Ace Carson

Facial surgery or just shaving?

If you get a chisel sharp enough, it does cut hair very well.
..I was watching my death.
pics or it didn't hppen
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I use a straight razor. Not only is the result much better than with any other razor, but the whole experience is just something completely else when you put some effort into a real nice shave.
Quote by timbit2006
If you get a chisel sharp enough, it does cut hair very well.

Yup, a properly sharpened chisel is sharper than most multi-blade razors.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I'd like to get one, just for kicks. I'd probably use it once or twice. If I didn't love it, though, I'd probably just store it away to look at.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I use a straight razor with the replaceable blade, it wasn't too expensive and it works well and gives awesome results. Its kinda dangerous if you aren't careful while using it though
Total class. I just have one question:

You can only really go downwards? I have incredibly stubborn neck hair that I have to beat the **** out with my electric razor (great quality, rinseable with trimer). I like it but I have to use a razor for the neck since it never gets close (and attack from all angles). Otherwise I end up with loads of bumps.

Either way, I'll probably make the jump thanks to you and an artofmanliness column a while back
Quote by Fat Lard
Total class. I just have one question:

You can only really go downwards? I have incredibly stubborn neck hair that I have to beat the **** out with my electric razor (great quality, rinseable with trimer). I like it but I have to use a razor for the neck since it never gets close (and attack from all angles). Otherwise I end up with loads of bumps.

Either way, I'll probably make the jump thanks to you and an artofmanliness column a while back

Nah man, you can go upwards too, at least i do, and it works very well, as a matter of fact i go upward most of the time. You cant have the razor perpendicular to your skin, that's just gonna slice you, you have to have it at an angle, if you get what i mean. As long as you do that, and never go sideways (that causes cuts in my experience) then you'll be fine
I've been tempted to get one for a while, although I hardly sleep naturally, and as a result my hands are always slightly tremoring: fairly certain in my hands it'd be more a peeler than a shaver.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I've still only ever used electric. So damn fast and convenient.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS