Should I get a Mesa 2x12 cab or go for a 4x12 Crate VB with loaded v30's? I'm so confused on what would sound good for me honestly. If I get a 2x12 should I get a closed back? Does it even matter if I have 4 speakers instead of 2?
Give us more info. What type of sound are you after? What type of head and music are you playing?

There is nothing wrong with a 2x12.
I play heavy metal. I have a new Peavey 6505 head. And what do you mean there is nothing wrong? I hear some people say a 4x12 sounds better and is worth lugging around the extra weight and what not.
Well the 2 extra speakers will push some more air and spread your sound out more but as far as tone is concerned it really wont effect it that much. It won't be any louder just move the sound out more if that makes sense. And yes you want a closed back I would think because the bass is a little tighter with a closed back (correct me someone if thats wrong). Also are you gigging or just playing at home?
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
I want to gig in the future. Right now I am just jamming with my friend in his room. He plays the drums.
I would get the Mesa cab then. It will sound better than the crate and you will still be easily heard over drums and you can use it for gigs as well until you save up for a good 4x12.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
I own the Crate cab you're asking about here and honestly I prefer this cab over any Marshall 1960. However, I've never tried a Mesa 2x12 so I can't honestly compare either of the two. They're a great deal for the price considering you're getting V30's, and the construction is extremely solid.

And I'm not trying to shamelessly advertise, but I'm looking at selling the very cab mentioned here. Just PM me or whatever if you're interested.