First off.. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to guitar tech so bear with me if this is a stupid question.

So, today is a new guitar day for me. I bought a new DBZ Barchetta ST-FR 7 String guitar, without checking the specs too much, just tested it out and it felt right so I got it. However, after researching the guitar again (after buying it. Seeking confirmation from Internet the almighty) I noticed that according to the website of DBZ, and even according to the website of the shop I bought it from, this guitar should have DBZB-7/DBZ5-7 pickups. But mine has EMG's. 707 and 81-7 if I had to guess after just finding them on EMG's website. Though both of mine reads EMG in yellow(gold), while 81-7 reads in white(or silver) according to the picture on EMG's website, don't know if this matters?

The more expensive Barchetta 7 strings actually do use 707 and 81-7, so I guess a mistake at a factory could be a possibility?

So should I worry about this, or did I actually get lucky? Or maybe I'm just missing something crucial here.

Might as well ask another thing that bothers me. For a couple of months I'm gonna have to play this guitar through Micro Cube... So not much progress in sound, but my previous guitar was completely unplayable. But when I set the amp to clean, or acoustic, the sound ... Is not nice at all and I think theres even some distortion still sounding from the background. Do you think this is just because its Micro Cube and it will take a lot-lot more to play cleans on EMG's or something like that? Cause my craap~ guitar played fine on clean.
Last edited by Unrelaxed at Mar 10, 2012,
i'm not too well up on dbzs but it looks like you got lucky. or maybe even got a more expensive model
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can't comment on the pickups, sounds like you got lucky.

as for the sound through the cube, its probably that a tiny speaker, like the one in the cube, cannot handle a 7 string. small speakers are more prone to distorting anyways (from things like high output pickups), so using a 7 through one is going to be tough on it.