Hey everyone,

So I think I should look into a compression pedal. The amount of gain i get out of the distortion pedal I use (modded RAT2) is great, and it sounds nice coming out of the twin reverb, but it still sounds a bit loose cannon if that makes any sense. I think I need the compressor to rope it in so i don't get this constant feel of the saturation over-powering the tone. Never owned a compressor so I'm looking for some suggestions. Looking to spend probably between $150- $200, i'm not much of a bargain hunter, i like getting what i pay for.

Any info you guys can give would be clutch.

Just to sum up the gear, my main gtr is a strat but i also use an LP, twin reverb and jc120 amp, i use a RAT2, an Analogman ts9, i do have a fuzzface but only use it on occasion...

thanks in advance
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
can you get limiters in a stomp box? i didn't think they had any
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Absolutely. I built mine but Boss LM-2, MXR made one (80's I think). I'm sure there are others. A lot of them might be labeled compressor/limiter which you would have to determine what they are or if they actually do both.
alright cool thanks for the lead, i'll definitely look into it. so far i've looked at the 4 knob keeley and the 3 knob analogman ones, i've been wanting to get an original analogman pedal because i love his mod work, but i know that there are so many compressors out there i didnt really know where to start
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Well a lot of people THINK they want a compressor and then they get one and it destroys their dynamics so they sit on a shelf. A limiter is much more forgiving and useful if you ask me. Well, at least for me. I'm not a compression kind of guy.
I love my Keeley Compressor. I agree with what lots of people say about compression. I run it at a rather low level in my chain just so i get a little more evenness and sustain but not so much that it kills my dynamics. The Keeley is worth looking into.
Yes, the key is to have it on just enough and not too much. To the point where you don't really know it's on until you turn it off. At least that's what I think works best but again, like everything guitar related, personal taste. Because I like compressors set this way is why I found limiters better for my tastes.