Hey I was looking to find a nice, affordable pickup for my fender 1000sx. I'm totally new to the whole world of pickups, so any advice would be great!
k&k acoustic pickup
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
k&k acoustic pickup

affordable.

How do you plan on using this? To record? For playing live by yourself? With a group? A rock band? Basically how do you plan to use it, that'll change my answer pretty dramatically.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'm just looking for one to mess around with at home, or maybe with friends. Nothing major, though. I mostly do finger picking, and I want a way to increase the volume. I've always thought acoustic pickups were neat anyway
Under $100, preferably around the 50 mark. Like I said, this is just for having fun with, I'm not looking for anything absolutely spectacular, just a good pickup for the money. I'm currently perusing the SD Woody series.
if you can find a fishman rare earth or an LR Baggs M1 used, they should be under $100, depending on what model of rare earth, and they are both really nice.
If you just want something to play with the woody is pretty cool but if I were you I would stretch to the lr baggs i beam. It's just under 100 dollars and it's the first "real" acoustic guitar pickup to me in that range.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
From everything I've read, that sounds like a great pickup. Would you happen to know of any that wouldn't require installation, like just pop into the sound hole? I could probably install myself, or get a professional to do it, but I think I would have a lot more peace of mind with a pickup that wouldn't require any adjusting of my guitar.
Quote by medmankms
From everything I've read, that sounds like a great pickup. Would you happen to know of any that wouldn't require installation, like just pop into the sound hole? I could probably install myself, or get a professional to do it, but I think I would have a lot more peace of mind with a pickup that wouldn't require any adjusting of my guitar.

The aforementioned SD woody simply slips into the sound hole. It's pretty good all things considered by I was left wanting for more after I got it. The ibeam is fairly easy to install and if you felt uncomfortable any shop should hve a guy who could do it.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712