The title says it!!! Tell us about some funny/awkward/strange stories from you bands or even auditions!! I'm pretty sure this thread has happened before, but I'm bored and have nothing to do!
I'll start-
I was in this band for a few weeks. They had written 2 songs before I came in to play GUITAR. However, current guitarist didn't want me to play guitar, he wanted me on bass. I don't have a bass rig, but the drummer did, so I used his. I went with it for a while for the experience of playing with others outside my normal group. He sent me the 2 songs and I learned them. We only practiced those 2 songs for 2 weeks. Back to back. Then, despite not knowing me until 2 weeks ealier, he expected me to pay in for a P.A for the singer who came late and never sang. I said no, the singer should pay for her own P.A because if the band breaks up, who gets it? So after that whole thing fell through, me and a friend decided to start a prog metal band. We needed a bass player so we put ads up everywhere online and in music stores. Guess who replied. THE OLD BAND'S GUITARIST!!!!!! He didn't know it was me ( I'm not putting my real email on craigslist). When I said "Hey (guys name) it's (my name)", he all of a sudden couldn't do it, 5 mins after he sent me the email. He got all butthurt I guess.
My new band has a full line up and more than 2 songs. I just thought that was funny. Your turn!
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Well, this one time the other guitarist in one of my old bands tried to commit suicide and band practice... Twice.
After the second time we kicked him out.
He was actually crying at band practice and he kept trying to play the drums when the drummer went to take a piss.
..I was watching my death.
My first gig was playing in NY. A bunch of us crammed in a goddamn car driving all the way there for like an hour. Managed to somehow park across the street from the venue. Froggered all of our equipment across the 4 laned street. Played the gig. Came outside and the car was the only one left. Had a parking ticket for a few hundred. We didnt even break even. Music is fun!
this one time at band camp.....
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
This one time I went to a battle of the bands, but it turned out to be an actual battle that we had to fight with our instruments as weapons. Every band for themselves, and all the drummers died first.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
and all the drummers died first.

As it should be
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
My first gig was playing in NY. A bunch of us crammed in a goddamn car driving all the way there for like an hour. Managed to somehow park across the street from the venue. Froggered all of our equipment across the 4 laned street. Played the gig. Came outside and the car was the only one left. Had a parking ticket for a few hundred. We didnt even break even. Music is fun!

Hahaha ! I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard !
I went to a battle of the bands, but it turned out to be an actual battle that we had to fight with our instruments as weapons.
Quote by dengser
I went to a battle of the bands, but it turned out to be an actual battle that we had to fight with our instruments as weapons.

I think i have seen that TextOnTheScreen somewhere....