So are you a batteries in guy, or take um out guy?

The first thing I do on all my new pedals is take the battery our before mounting them on my PedalBoard. I don't like the idea of a battery going bad, and leaking battery crud all over the inside of my expensive pedal.

The way I see it, is if the bar would loose power, your amp wouldn't work anyway. The only protection batteries offer to me is, if your PedalPower II Plus fried in the middle of a gig, you would be SOL on effects.

But what are the odds??
-vs- the odds of trashing a pedal with a battery going south...

Batteries out saves pedals!

What is your view?
I really don't worry about it most of the time, since I run adapters, although now that I think about it, taking out the batteries would make my board slightly lighter.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I take them out because I have had them leak and make the insides of my pedals nasty. Though TBH, I prefer the extra weight of them under my foot. I just don't want to have to clean a pedal out again...
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Do pedals take batteries? Is that what that little cavity is for? I always thought that was a compartment for meth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I leave them in, unless I need a 9v for something, then I'll take it out. Makes doing demos for pedals easier too.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Well, my amp runs off batterys too, so... it depends on if it's hunting season or not?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."