Planning to get a new guitar in early April, seeing as my current one starting to wear down and its not as good as I originally thought (bought it years ago when I was 12, because I thought it looked cool >.>

I was originally going for a Jackson Warrior, but now im dead set on LTD's.

So Ax-360 or the Ec-1000?

I like the general shape of the Ax more, but the Ec just gives me better vibes.

Ax has EMG 81/81 while the Ec has 85/60.

If it helps, i'll be running it through a line 6 spider IV 75, and I generally play anything in within the range of Pop Punk- Metalcore
EC-1000. Absolutely fantastic guitar. Though, you can't really go wrong with either of those two.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Check his amp before you say that...

I was just answering the question stated. I would've normally said to get a new amp too, but I have a headache and cbf
the amp is fine. it'll have to be upgraded down the road to get really good tones, but it could be much worse.

EC-1000. better parts, better finish/assembly. better guitar.
line 6 is just not a very good company, unless your purchasing an effect pedal
i have a dl4 delay and loop and BOY is it nice! i would recomend the Ec-1000 thou~
if you have the cash, the EC-1000s are some of the best metal guitars out there, and the ECs are ESP's most popular line of guitars.
If you don't have the cash, then the Ax-360 should probably suffice anyway.
New amp definatly. The Line six's sound really fizzy, muddy and just digital especially when you turn them up to gigging volumes.

From experience it's a nightmare to mix these things as I just want to mute them.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Ec-1000
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Ah, thanks for the advice guys! ^_^

I'm definently getting the Ec, and really, really considering trading in my Spider IV for a Peavy Vyper within the next year.
Quote by tjpokomo

They actually make very good amps like the DT series. Its just that the Spider sucks.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Firekid115
Ah, thanks for the advice guys! ^_^

I'm definently getting the Ec, and really, really considering trading in my Spider IV for a Peavy Vyper within the next year.

Dude, why not just get a used tube amp? I mean like something like a 6505+? They shouldn't be too pricey and it would be well worth it.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by Wisthekiller
Check his amp before you say that...
They're actually not that bad, if you're not a big retard at EQing. And if you never use the Insane Red channel. Ever.
Quote by tjpokomo
Also wrong. Their DSP units are great.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by Firekid115

If it helps, i'll be running it through a line 6 spider IV 75, and I generally play anything in within the range of Pop Punk- Metalcore

The guy who says you need a new amp isn't kidding

No offense to the Spiders (they CAN get some decent sounds, contrary to what the internet would let you believe) but you will not notice any sound difference using a Strat or an EMG equipped Les Paul through a Spider. Whatever set tone you get on the amp, you'll get with any instrument except maybe a piece of cardboard with electronics strapped to it.

EDIT: AND NO THE VYPYR IS NOT AN UPGRADE! I have a Vypyr as my household practicer/modeller (test certain song parts with effects vs w/o). But they're essentially the same beast. If you want to get the benefit of different sounding guitars, etc. you need a good solid state amp (not a modeller, a SS amplifier) or a tube amp.

2nd EDIT: Get an EC-1000 used. Usually they are ~$500 or under on craigslist. The *new* price is worth it, but why, when you can get a lightly used guitar at nearly half price?
Jet City, Blackstar, both make good, affordable tube amplifiers.
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
The guy who says you need a new amp isn't kidding

No offense to the Spiders (they CAN get some decent sounds, contrary to what the internet would let you believe) but you will not notice any sound difference using a Strat or an EMG equipped Les Paul through a Spider. Whatever set tone you get on the amp, you'll get with any instrument except maybe a piece of cardboard with electronics strapped to it.

EDIT: AND NO THE VYPYR IS NOT AN UPGRADE! I have a Vypyr as my household practicer/modeller (test certain song parts with effects vs w/o). But they're essentially the same beast. If you want to get the benefit of different sounding guitars, etc. you need a good solid state amp (not a modeller, a SS amplifier) or a tube amp.

2nd EDIT: Get an EC-1000 used. Usually they are ~$500 or under on craigslist. The *new* price is worth it, but why, when you can get a lightly used guitar at nearly half price?

Don't think Blackstar's class (if you're talking about the HT series) are all tube. I do like their HT-5 for home use though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by OceansBetweenUs

1) I have to disagree. The Spider is a toy. On the other hand, the Vypyr allows pretty deep tweaking/customization options. And tonally, there is quite a difference. But meh.

2) Absolutely. I can't imagine ever not going used, unless I honestly could not find something I really wanted. I've saved hundreds of dollars going used, just with the (relatively) cheap gear I have.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X