Alright so here's the deal.

I have a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 with Active Seymour Duncan Blackouts that I want to switch the pickups on. I'm tired of the Blackouts, and they just don't cut it for what I want to play. The tapping and sweeping just isn't coming out clearly enough and it's really annoying.

That being said, I'm looking into probably putting the Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire combo on it, since I like the actual guitar, just not the pickups. I want to know if it'd be possible for me to switch the active electronics to passive ones, and how I would go about getting that done?

It would be awesome if you guys could recommend what electronics to get and such so I could pull this off.

HELP.
I want ultimate djentz.
If you are determined that the problem originates in the pickups (there can be a number of other reasons), than you'll need a basic set of tools and knowledge. They include:

1. Solder iron and some experience with it. There is a trick in some guitars' electronics when you might have to solder something on the big pot cover. Its hard to warm up and keep hot, so you might want to practice first.

2. Basic tools like screwdrivers a paper knife and some wire cutters. Plus a little practice preparing the wire.

3. Understanding of Ohm's law (rather easy) and ability to read schematic diagrams. You might want to look up the right schematic of wiring (for your guitar) so you don't screw up.

Changing a set of actives for a set of passives is basically the same procedure as changing ordinary pickups. And you always can go to a guitar tech with it.

Cheers. Ace.
Two main points:

1. Swap your pots out from 25k to 500k,
2. Swap your stereo jack for a mono jack,
3. Drill for and install a grounding wire for the bridge (IIRC, Blackouts are internally grounded in the same way as EMGs, so guitars that come with them as standard won't have the bridge ground).

Edit: Shit, that was three.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 11, 2012,
That one says it's for switching to single coils though? also I'm not switching it on a Strat or a Les Paul.
so guitars that come with them as standard won't have the bridge ground).
Quote by yoimer06
That one says it's for switching to single coils though? also I'm not switching it on a Strat or a Les Paul.

It's for anything; it's just a pot with a DPDT. You can use it to split a humbucker to a single coil if you want.