I like to pride myself with being very much into music, more so than sports and you should to my friends.
In sports how many times do you see one of those bench warmers or no names rise to a higher peak later in their career. Almost never!
Guitarist and other kinds of musicians have so many people improving it really warms my heart, just like you guys warm my heart.

Glenn Tipton
-Started playing hard rockish early metal in the early days of Judas Priest.
Later in the 80s decade putting in sweep picking and speed picking, techniques not even used on their first albums.

David Elfson
-Being in Megadeth, a band known for it's crazy riffing and chunky song writing every instrument is expected to be played with much precision and virtuosity.
David's bass grooves and lines have become more intricate. And not always providing the chord backings to riffs and instead a lower frequency style of harmonizing or a type of synchronization with the guitars.

SRV
-Although pretty much known as a virtuoso in the style of blues and Texas style guitar he's actually one of the few virtuosos to get even better.
Most of the time when we see someone who just seems very gifted at their craft, whether it be speed or technicality we rarely see those people break the skill ceiling.

So Pit, what are some musicians that you know that have improved over the years.
Where they already good before they improved?
Maybe even someone you know in person.
Tom Delonge.

He finally started tuning his guitars.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Luke Hoskin and TIm Millar from Protest the Hero. I didn't think it was possible for them to actually get better at guitar. Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold doesn't get alot of credit for his lead playing improving a shit ton between Waking the Fallen and City of Evil
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by takachan

In sports how many times do you see one of those bench warmers or no names rise to a higher peak later in their career. Almost never!

What?? I don't know what sport you watch, but it happens all the time.
Quote by takachan
I like to pride myself with being very much into music,

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by takachan
I like to pride myself with being very much into music, more so than sports and you should to my friends.

This is lincredibly lingnorant.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Dave Grohl. His guitar playing went from sounding noisy as shit and just completely left field to being pretty good.

EDIT: Shit he was playing drums before, never mind

oh man
Jimmy Page became more interesting after the second Led Zeppelin album. Then he started becoming stale again with Presence.
West Ham United
Quote by takachan

Roy fucking Halladay.

As for being on topic, I'd side with who ever said Luke and Tim from Protest the Hero
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by soundgarden1986
Roy fucking Halladay.

As for being on topic, I'd side with who ever said Luke and Tim from Protest the Hero

And what about friggen Jeremy Lin? Isn't his name not stfu'd enough?
Mikael Aakerfeldt used to play the easiest guitar parts during live shows but now days he seems to tackle the hardest parts while still singing fine.
I feel like most classic rock guitarists (not all, don't freak out on me) get worse with time. Maybe not necessarily with playings skills and technique, but they lose a lot of their edge and their playing becomes sterile.

Like, compare Clapton playing "Crossroads" here with Cream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hwnb8AB2kc&feature=related

To the version now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA&feature=related
Myself.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle