Fed up with my band, we have a chance to record our debut record at Criteria Studios. This is the place Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Eagles, James Brown have all recorded. This place is amazing and the connections to the music industry are amazing. I've been dreaming of making an album for 15 years but never have. I've been in this band only and have been playing these songs since High School and feel like I need to move onI feel like I should record the album here and then quit no matter what. I feel like this image isn't me...I'm posing like a "rockstar" but I'm just a corporate worker like everyone else. I feel like people aren't digging the look and attitude of the band.

What do you think??????????

https://www.facebook.com/InsigniaMusic
Last edited by SlackusMaximus at Mar 11, 2012,
First of all, this is an inovative way to promote your band; congratz.
Second of all, I can relate to you. Through the years I started hating performing, because it's generally about doing it for a living or being a narcissist and posing in front of people.
If your wish was to record an album in the past, than record it for the sake of that wish and you can probably still quit the band after.
Just record it. Maybe your idea will change later. Give it another try, wait a little more.
I just feel like the rock scene here in Miami is all about the screaming metal bullshit. Don't get me wrong I love metal and grew up learning Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera and all that but also love electronic, blues, and whatever else. People here are really narrow minded and hate on anything positive. Plus I've been in this band for 10 years struggling to record an album just to get it off my bucket list. I don't care about making it or anything else. I just want to be able to look back when I'm 40 and say I took it as far as I could and that was that. Lots of stuff going on I guess, thanks for your ears!
That studio really humbled me, let me tell you. I think I'm just gonna ease my way into it and just record the album and have it for life. At least I'll be able to say I recorded an album in the same room where these giants have recorded before. That to me is worth it all.