I saw alot of good reviews of the valve-states on UG. with a higher rating than all of the JCM's. Does anyone have both amps to compare? I read that Chuck Schuldiner of Death used this amp in 1998 and later. So I'm wondering if its worth it, since it's pretty cheap.

thanks
Don't be ridiculous.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i wouldn't waste my time with any Marshall that was made after the JCM 800's and even a few of the 800's are not up to par
Quote by Talon64
i wouldn't waste my time with any Marshall that was made after the JCM 800's and even a few of the 800's are not up to par

Generally speaking I'd tend to agree but the SL/X was ok and they got pretty much back on track with the DSL. The Vintage Moderns are pretty good too.
The JCM900 Dual Reverbs can be fixed fairly easily too. They are never as good as the 2203 but if you remove the clipping diodes on channel 2 they are quite respectable - even with all those op-amps still present. Channel 1 is ok, it's channel 2 that let them down and it was for the same reason that the 2210 was such a dissapointment - that shitty bridge/diode clipper that was in both.
Valvestates on the other hand are unredeemable, nothing you do can save those pieces of crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification