Do you get paid for the hour you miss? I'm assuming no, that you just get paid for the 7 hours you worked (or w/e) and essentially just have a shift that's an hour shorter.
I'd assume no. The hour they miss is at night though so most people aren't working anyway.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
I'd assume no. The hour they miss is at night though so most people aren't working anyway.

I came here to post this, so yeah. It switches in the middle of the night for a reason.
Quote by whoomit
When did it change?

Last night. I think it usually changes at 2am.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Last night. I think it usually changes at 2am.

That's here in America. He's in Scotland, so I think he has another month or 2 before it changes there. I swear our government does shit like this just to inconvenience the rest of the world.

OT: I guess it depends on how new and sophisticated the payroll program is.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
That's here in America. He's in Scotland, so I think he has another month or 2 before it changes there. I swear our government does shit like this just to inconvenience the rest of the world.

OT: I guess it depends on how new and sophisticated the payroll program is.

Huh, well either way I lost a good few hours last night. I was absolutely fucked
awful logic. a shift that starts at 9 and ends at 5 is still 8 hours regardless of a time change...
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I work nights got paid for 8 hours because it's all computerized and I clocked in at 11pm got out at 7am
*Sees post about clock shifting forth one hour last night*

*Googles DST 2012*

*There are still another two weeks left*

I woud assume that you'd be paid for the hours you worked. If you worked from 10 pm to 6 am, and the clock shifted forth one hour from 2 am to 3 am, you have worked 7 hours, and should be paid accordingly.

By googling a bit, I see that they do practice this in the opposite case, where they have to work an hour longer, which is counted as overtime.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Mar 11, 2012,
You don't miss an hour... idiot.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by ChamsRock
I came here to post this, so yeah. It switches in the middle of the night for a reason.

I work at a hospital. So there's a good amount of people working the night shift...
Quote by csensesfail92
I work nights got paid for 8 hours because it's all computerized and I clocked in at 11pm got out at 7am

FINALLY! Someone who understands that people work nights!

So you got paid 8 hours for 7 hours of work. Thanks for answering my question.

And **** the rest of you haha.
Quote by Shutout
I work at a hospital. So there's a good amount of people working the night shift...

You get paid for the hours you work, if you work a span of 8 hours then that is what you are paid for.
Quote by Todd Hart
You get paid for the hours you work, if you work a span of 8 hours then that is what you are paid for.

See: csensesfail92 post.

Ignorant asshole.
Quote by Shutout
See: csensesfail92 post.

Ignorant asshole.

That's a computer error, he even says so.

Unless you have an incredibly generous company then you are paid for the time your work, not the way in which this time aligns to a clock - which is an construct of human creation, unlike time, used so that we can organise ourselves.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by Todd Hart
That's a computer error, he even says so.

Unless you have an incredibly generous company then you are paid for the time your work, not the way in which this time aligns to a clock - which is an construct of human creation, unlike time, used so that we can organise ourselves.

Wasn't an error. It's computerized, so he gets paid 8 hours.

If it was an error, they'd take that extra hour away from him.
Dude you get paid for the hours you work. As Todd Hart just said, employers don't pay you an extra hour just because the clock changed.
Quote by Shutout
Wasn't an error. It's computerized, so he gets paid 8 hours.

If it was an error, they'd take that extra hour away from him.

If it's an error caused by their system then they cannot deduct the pay from you after it has been given; it causes all kinds of legal issues unless your employer is government affiliated.

If you work from 9PM till 9AM that's 12 hours, and you'll be paid it. If the clocks change so you started at 9PM and ended at 10AM, you'd still have worked the same hours - and thus they will pay you for that time. Almost all employers use time worked as their method of calculating payment.

And besides, it wouldn't matter if they paid you the extra hour, as when the clocks go back they would pay you an hour less, using the system you claim.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Mar 11, 2012,
I work 12 hour nightshifts, and because of the hour jump forward last night, I only worked 11 hours. So I'm only getting payed for 11 hours. Not really a revolutionary concept

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance