Picked up a couple guitars last night for a very low price. One is just a Silvertone SS11, nothing special there but it was the other one that came with it I was truly interested in. Its a Lyon, and a bit of a mystery. I spent a couple hours trying to find out what model it is without any luck. I found one on ebay but again they knew no more than I do. Nice construction with 3 piece mahogany body and flame maple top from what I can tell. Gonna put up a few pics of it and am hoping someone on here has some more info on it. If you know anything about it I would be grateful for the info, thanks.

Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Isnt that a quilt top?

Yeah.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
lol... yeah Im not an expert, nor will I claim to be. If you say its a quilt top then Ill believe you.
It's a Lyon 2-string special. Don't add more strings or you'll reduce the value.

Edit: I once bought a Schecter no-string, 5 string lock special at a pawn shop. I decided, "screw the value", and I got a 6th string lock from Stewmac for $.99 and put 6 strings on it. It was worth it :-)
Last edited by jetwash69 at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by Brassington2
lol... yeah Im not an expert, nor will I claim to be. If you say its a quilt top then Ill believe you.

Unless it's a really old Lyon, chances are that "quilt" is just printed on the surface. Don't know for sure, but if I were a betting man, that's where my money would be.

BTW, HNGD!!!
Quote by jetwash69
It's a Lyon 2-string special. Don't add more strings or you'll reduce the value.

lmao, like I said just got it late last night. Haven't made it to the store just yet for some strings. Used my last set of strings the other day. I know its not high end obviously, but I like it. The balance and feel of it is extremely nice.
Quote by Brassington2
lmao, like I said just got it late last night. Haven't made it to the store just yet for some strings. Used my last set of strings the other day. I know its not high end obviously, but I like it. The balance and feel of it is extremely nice.

Hey nothing wrong w/that. My favorite guitar to play live is a Squier Strat. Of course, it has some mods...

Take care.
I thought the BF tuning system had to do with the truss rod? I'm probably mistaken though. Idk a lot about washburn, but the lyon is in the low end of things. Looks nice though HNGD!
I received a message back from Washburn. Simply put they never recorded the serials off the Lyon guitars and therefor have no way to find out or any idea what model this is.

It would seem the only way I could find out anything is by getting my hands on the 2004 catalogs from Sears, Target and anywhere else Washburn sold the Lyons. Not sure if im up for all that
It's a Lyon LCT-24.

I'm really good at this.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It's a Lyon LCT-24.

I'm really good at this.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

Got some strings on this beast last night and Im impressed. Almost every post Ive found about this guitar gives it great reviews and I can now understand why. Most say its a deal if you can snag it for around $100-125 and you wont be disappointed. So I guess my $40 were well spent. This may be a low end guitar by most peoples standards but if you ever get a chance to try one I think you will agree it surely doesn't feel cheap. With a few upgrades Im sure this is one Ill be hanging on to for quite some time.

Thanks for the help.