Hey folks-

So I have a '64 Fender Bandmaster, and after years of it just sitting around, not functioning, I've had the work done on it that it's needed... But I have a few questions.

First off, the volume doesn't seem to be what it should be... I'm running it through an 8 ohm, 4x12 Carvin speaker cabinet. I know the amp is designed to be with a 4 ohm cab, but I don't know how much noticeable volume difference it makes to run a lower ohmage cab.

When I turn the tremolo on, there's a blipping sound, that's synced with the trem speed.

Also, cranked at 10, in input 1 (the higher volume/gain input) there's only very mild overdrive... And really only playing chords. I would think that I would get some more distortion than that, and I'm not sure if it's just an extremely clean amp, or if it's tubes, or what.

Any answers/feedback are welcome, thank you.
Try it with a 4 ohm cab. Ideally, your speaker cabinet should match what the amp wants.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I don't have one, at the moment. I wouldn't normally run this amp through a 4x12, but it's all I have.

Ideally, I'd like to buy/build a 2x12 or a 4x10 for it.
the tremelo thing happens to my twin reverb as well, it might be a quick fix but i don't use it so i haven't had it looked at. the volume issue with the first channel could just be that you need some new tubes. did you get the thing looked at by a tech? they can tell you whats what with older amps and theyre usually really good with fenders because those amps were so popular.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Yes, I just got it back from a tech. He did a lot of work on it, it needed a grounded power cable, some new caps, new tubes, a new tube socket, a new photoresistor in the tremolo.... quite a bit of work. it sat in a basement for 10-15 years without seeing the light of day.

I have yet to call him (I plan to do it tomorrow, after I've had a bit more time to fiddle and see if I have any other questions for him). But it's always good to get other feedback.
yeah when i got my twin i did the same thing, just good to see what is going on on the insides, but thats weird though that you're still having some problems. do you have a footswitch for the tremelo? if you do try unplugging and plugging it back in and fiddling with the inputs because sometimes those dicey cables can get moved in a way that freaks them out. you might have to try to get your hands on the correct cab, even if its just to check everything, to see if thats the root of the problems.

crying shame, i love old fender amps and it sucks when they just sit somewhere for years with nobody to love them!
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well