So. i have a Epiphone Prophecy Futura Custom EX with EMG pickups in it. Lately I have found that they sound a bit....stale to me. I also find it hard to get a decent clean sound out of them. Does anyone hae any recommendations for new pups, and if so why would you recommend them?
Depending on how much you're willing to spend, check out Bare Knuckle Pickups in the UK. They're pricey, but they're handwound and custom-made, and definitely worth the money in my opinion.

https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/

Here's a currency converter if you need it to determine the price: https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=currency+converter&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ACGW#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7ACGW&ei=7ehcT4LvDZKN0QGHhqDYAg&sa=X&oi=currency_onebox&ct=currency_onebox_convert&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ6wgwAA&q=1+GBP+to+USD&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=2f633eeac79a2c84&biw=1280&bih=939

If those are out of your price range, check out the Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire. I tried a John Petrucci signature Ernie Ball guitar with a set of them in it a week or two ago, and I was impressed with their sound.
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
you'll need new pots if you're gonna switch from active to passive and vise versa.

But i'll also have to recommend bare knuckle pickups.
you haven't given us much to work with here, but start by telling us a little more..

what amp do you play through?
do you have other guitars that you like the sound of?
what styles do you play? give us a few specific tone references if you can..like, you want a tone similar to [guitarist] on [song]
I play through a Spider IV 15 (I know its not the best, but hey). Im looking for a sound similiar to Avenged Sevenfold, but still capable of doing things such as Black Veil Brides or Amon Amarth for when im feeling reeeally metal.
Also, are the Bare Knuckles active? i dont really wanna screw with active to passive, and i cant tell from their site
Quote by noobcakepwner
I play through a Spider IV 15 (I know its not the best, but hey). Im looking for a sound similiar to Avenged Sevenfold, but still capable of doing things such as Black Veil Brides or Amon Amarth for when im feeling reeeally metal.

Forget pickups, what you need is a new amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate