Hi , basically I'm making a pedalboard , cause I use A LOT of pedals.
I'm making it from plywood with small feet underneath and holes to feed the patch leads and power supplies underneath, it will have one row with the pedals I use less and the second row closer to my feet that I use virtually all the time.
But it's going to have to be big...to give you an idea my pedals are
crybaby wah wah, DOD FX-84, DOD FX-52, DOD FX-65, Boss DS-2, Boss OD-3, EHX small stone nano, joyo digital delay, joyo classic Flanger, Marshall RF-1, Boss TU-2, Marshall VT-1, Boss OC-3 .
So if I make this pedalboard, how the hell will I transport it? Are there any inexpensive ways of transporting this ?
How big are you making the board? Dimensions, in inches?

It might be worth your while to make two smaller boards, a left side board and a right side board. I'm debating doing that, for transportation's sake.
Could you not make two or three and maybe group pedals together?
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
I would get an IKEA GORM shelf, perfect pedalboard base. They come in various sizes.

As for transportation, what I do is just stick some handles on the left and right sides of the face, so I can easily pick it up. Use velcro so all your pedals stay on the board.

I can fit at least 12 standard sized pedals on mine.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I like anchoring pedals by fabricating tabs out of thin aluminum bar stock. Drill 2 holes in each--1 for the screw in the corner of the pedal and the other to bolt it to the case (or board). Have the tab "float" on the bolt with rubber o rings (or split grommets) between the tab and board and the tab and bolt head.

Rondo music has some reasonably priced cases. If your stuff can't fit in any of those, then you can build your own. See here for how-to videos and as the source for parts:

http://www.reliablehardware.com/diyroadcasevideos.aspx
or
http://www.do-it-yourselfroadcases.com/

and this might work, too:
http://www.roadcasesusa.com/99-dollar-custom-cases/
Quote by Raijouta
I would get an IKEA GORM shelf, perfect pedalboard base. They come in various sizes.

As for transportation, what I do is just stick some handles on the left and right sides of the face, so I can easily pick it up. Use velcro so all your pedals stay on the board.

I can fit at least 12 standard sized pedals on mine.

My GORM broke on day 2 of use. Just saying.
The left and right 2 board split is an interesting thought.
And I'll look into the rondo cases.
I just wanted to make it myself as I know where to get thick plywood cheap and I have the tools, I'm a bit of a D.I.Y guitarist.
Quote by gateway01

My GORM has lasted 2 years. Just saiyan.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
GORM, a bit of sawing (in my case) to fit a tool case like this:

I can fit 5 boss size pedals, one volume pedal and a wah on my board, along with a tap tempo for my delay.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Raijouta
My GORM has lasted 2 years. Just saiyan.

Well, I gues it broke 'cuz I was using my Boos V-Wah, which requires a bit of force to turn on to prevent accidentally turning it on, and the wood split.

OP, If you can get good wood ( lol) then model it after a GORM board and you'll have a rather nice piece of wood.
Quote by gateway01
Well, I gues it broke 'cuz I was using my Boos V-Wah, which requires a bit of force to turn on to prevent accidentally turning it on, and the wood split.

OP, If you can get good wood ( lol) then model it after a GORM board and you'll have a rather nice piece of wood.

I have found that the center boards are somewhat springy, so it may be wise to reinforce them with another piece of wood/metal nailed under them in the middle.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
I have found that the center boards are somewhat springy, so it may be wise to reinforce them with another piece of wood/metal nailed under them in the middle.

I noticed that, So I bought 2 (they're mad cheap) and took the good boards off of that one to replace the springy ones.

Also, I have one piece of wood going straight down the middle, but that's not where it broke. The back piece holding it off of the ground wasn't supported enough and it bent and twisted and eventually snapped off.

OP, support the back structure so that doesn't happen, now I have a deformed board sitting in my room because it's cold outside and I never got to fix it.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I would STRONGLY recommend using right angle connectors so there is more room for pedals!
Last edited by gateway01 at Mar 11, 2012,
How I did the last one I built was to route out little recesses for the pedals. Then I have a front board that screws on and locks the pedals into place. It's currently drying from a coat of stain. I'll be putting together later if all has gone well and I'll take a photo for you so you can see what I mean. I just used garden variety pine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gateway01

Did you make it properly...? The middle part of the GORM pedal board should be reinforced on the bottom as it is the weakest bit. I made mine about a year ago and it is still going strong.

EDIT: Never-mind just read your other posts. And yeah I fully understand with the Boss wah pedals...
Last edited by ibanart300 at Mar 11, 2012,