Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the whole acoustic pick up thing and really don't know where to start. Basically I have a Martin D1 and want to be able to plug in so I can record and maybe more importantly play through an Amp for playing at shows. Price isn't to much of a worry I would say hopefully less than 200. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Dean Markley makes some soundhole pickups, as does Seymour Duncan. For recording you might find your guitar will sound better mic'd with a condenser.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
cool thanks for the advice and for any other people posting I would say more importantly for playing through an amp then recording since I have no other real recording gear; I guess besides my laptop.
you should beable to get a diecent soundhole p/u for $50ish
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hands down the best acoustic pickup I've ever used is the K&K Pure Mini. It's not a soundhole pickup, it's 3 transducers that go on the bottom side of your bridge. When I say "best" i mean it's the most true representation of what your guitar actually sounds like. If you like the way it sounds unplugged, you'll love the K&K.

NOTE: It is NOT an under saddle pickup. Installation is very easy, and there's a detailed write up online. If you'd like, I can find it for you.
P/Uis short for pickup
And the Dean Markley's are pretty diecent, and probably the cheapest. The Seymour Duncan is deff better, but it is also more expensive.

They make a version of the dean markley with a tone control (I think) thats what I would get.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
for $200 you could probably get a fishman undersaddle installed.

but if you want the convenience/hassle of a soundhole job go for it. they're cheap and can be eq'd to sound decent enough for most people. it just depends on how picky you are really.

the fishman stuff sounds great but you'd probably need a tech to install. still, it should be right at $200.

http://www.samash.com/p/Fishman_Matrix%20Infinity%20Undersaddle%20Acoustic%20Guitar%20Pickup%20Wide%20Format_-49957103?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Acoustic%20Guitar%20Pickups-_-Matrix%20Infinity%20Undersaddle%20Acoustic%20Guitar%20Pickup%20Wide%20Format-_-FPROMATIN

that's a good one with a vol and tone control. any tech worth his salt can easily install it for $50.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
p/u - pickup.

The Woody (Seymour Duncan) sounds pretty good. I've used them a couple times, I'd just suggest getting yourself a little preamp with it, to boost the volume and give you a little EQ control. The Fishman GII works just fine.