Right now i have a line 6 spider IV 15. I play through a Epiphone Prophecy Futura Custom EX. Its time for a new amp but i need some ideas. I play metal, rock, but like to get bluesy sometimes. Im looking for something under 500$ Canadian. Any and all ideas are welcome!
Traynor is where you need to look. And you can support your local economy they are Canadian.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Traynor gets my vote, especially if your looking for a real tube amp instead of a hybrid or solid state.

You may need a pedal to get a good metal tone out of the Traynor but they are great amps for cleans,rock and blues.
lets fill in some blanks shall we?
do you plan on gigging?
tube or solid state?
is 500 canadian the highest u can go?
does it have to be new or can it be used?

the reason i ask is because i looked on that site and for under 500 there isnt much besides two vox combos and a few heads but then u will need a cab.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
You're Canadian, buy a Traynor.

/thread

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Peavey has some great options in that range
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I dont plan on gigging, and it matters not if its tube or solid. And no, i could probably go as high as 700. used is fine too
Peavey Windsor Studio 15 combo and a Ibanez TS-9 you could pull off all you want to.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Holy shit, people are helpful in this thread!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Holy shit, people are helpful in this thread!

It happens sometimes!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah guys, thanks for all the help! I'll have to try out all the suggestions to see what suits me best, so keep em coming!
three very nice amps havent been mentioned Egnater Rebel 20 or 30, or one of Tweaker models. you may want to check out. very flexible and great all around amps.

i had the renegade, awesome amp, its was the big brother model as such.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Where are you in Canada? The Traynor YCV50 is around $800 plus tax new, so that's going to stretch your budget beyond the breaking point. But you might be able to find one used for around $500.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Bud honestly if your not going to be playing gigs and you want a good cheap amp to do it all I wOuld say just upgrade to a bigger spider cuz its perfect for in the house type stuff and it has so many models
My Gear:
LTD EC-1000 (duncan jb/jazz)
Schecter SLS (EMGs)
ESP Horizon
6505 head
Marshall 1960lead cab
Boss noise gate
maxon od808
boss chorus
boss de-7
Dunlop strings and tortex 1.14s
Quote by Camaro4726
Bud honestly if your not going to be playing gigs and you want a good cheap amp to do it all I wOuld say just upgrade to a bigger spider cuz its perfect for in the house type stuff and it has so many models

Not sure if serious.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Camaro4726

This gets my vote. What amps have you tried, and what did did you like/dislike about them?
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
If he was going to stay digital then he might as go with a vyper series imo, you can do a speaker swap down the road with them and have them sounding pretty beastly.
Quote by noobcakepwner
Im in Prince Edward Island Canada, unfortunately not a very good place for music

Yep, not a lot of choices on PEI. Could check out kijiji (most notably, Moncton's kijiji).

Or:

http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-amps-pedals-Peavey-JSX-212-W0QQAdIdZ349708526

Try that out and make sure that it's not broken. That's a mighty fine price for a JSX combo.

Or if you want to spend less (and use a boost for metal),

http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-amps-pedals-For-sale-Peavey-Valveking-50W-tube-combo-amp-W0QQAdIdZ359767532

But honestly, the JSX is worth the extra money!

Have no idea what gear the 2 PEI L&M stores keep in stock. If you make a trip to the Moncton store, I'd check out La Guitare as well (they are a Peavey dealer).
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
Yep, not a lot of choices on PEI. Could check out kijiji (most notably, Moncton's kijiji).

Or:

http://pei.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-amps-pedals-Peavey-JSX-212-W0QQAdIdZ349708526

Try that out and make sure that it's not broken. That's a mighty fine price for a JSX combo.

+1...or buy my XXX

Also a Vypyr tube would suit you well on a budget if you want to stick with a modeler. It's a big step up from the spider and it won't sound like ass at higher volumes.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Thanks DarthV, and everyone else. I dont really want to stay digital, because they dont sound good with a pedal, and i have one laying around so i may as well use it haha
I think i might get that JSX actually. Hopefully its still there in the summer when the money rolld around
I'll go out on a limb and guess that the JSX will be long gone by then. That's a very good price, unless the amp has been abused.

I'll probably be selling my 6505 212 combo this summer if you ever travel to Fredericton.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs