I need info on a guitar I recently purchased. Head says 'Conrad', I'm new to guitars, but I keep an ear to the ground, so to speak, on guitar manufacturers and companies, and I've never heard of Conrad before. All I could find on the net is that 'Conrad' was actually a guitar manufacturer owned by Aria. Made in Asia, Korea, and China (I think) to be specific. But I need more info on it. Can't find any kind of serial number on it. No code, nothing. It's a great guitar, don't know why they ever quit making them, other than that it's a 'lawsuit era' guitar. That's about all I got on it. Like I said, it's a great guitar, plug it in and it will pump out blues'y/jazz'y sound like a pro, if you have the right set up, but if you can get it into a high gain, high distortion amp with a few effects pedals, it will crank out the hard rock/punk/hardcore distortion. It's one hell of a guitar I got for only $125, it needs some repairs, like the knobs, tailpiece and bridge, and the pickups could use new covers and new posts, as they're corroded horribly. Needs a new pickguard and to be sanded and repainted, but it's still one hell of a guitar for just over $100. Has ANYONE ever heard of 'Conrad' before, or even owned one?
i dont know if this is what you mean, but there is an online superstore in Europe called Conrad, they also sell some guitars, might be one of theirs
Quote by Leon987
i dont know if this is what you mean, but there is an online superstore in Europe called Conrad, they also sell some guitars, might be one of theirs

I have no idea. From what I gathered, the 'Conrad' brand name used today is of a different manufacturer's. From what I could research and learn, it's by Aria, and the branch of the company that built them went out of business when the lawsuit era hit full swing, as they were producing extremely well made replica's of many of the large 'brand name' body style's such as Tele's, Strato's, and Les Pauls. Which obviously made the true manufacturers of those guitar's rather mad, as they never really 'signed off' on anything to allow them to use the body styles. I will however research it. The one I have, has no identifying marks or logo's on it, just a label on the head saying 'Conrad' in cursive writing.