Hey everybody!
Ok in a previous thread i put an ADA mp-1 into my signal chain. Guitar>ADA>POD XT LIVE (for fx)>bbe maximizer>mosvalve 962>4x12 cab. Good sound.
A friend of mine wants to unload his ENGL e530. Ive heard some wierd things about it having to be run in stereo only. Is this true? If i took my ADA out of the chain and replaced it with the e530 can it still work or does everything have to be stereo now?
How does it work?
I think the only reason you'd run into problems is if you were using the 1.5w power section on the engl. I guess if you only use one of the outs for it it shorts the power section somehow.
Quote by rokket2005
I think the only reason you'd run into problems is if you were using the 1.5w power section on the engl. I guess if you only use one of the outs for it it shorts the power section somehow.

The 1.5w powersection needs a trs cable or something to activate the amp, but I forget what I used with it.

You don't have to run it in stereo, it'll work just fine when you replace the MP1 with it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by guitarboy33
Hey everybody!
Ok in a previous thread i put an ADA mp-1 into my signal chain. Guitar>ADA>POD XT LIVE (for fx)>bbe maximizer>mosvalve 962>4x12 cab. Good sound.
A friend of mine wants to unload his ENGL e530. Ive heard some wierd things about it having to be run in stereo only. Is this true? If i took my ADA out of the chain and replaced it with the e530 can it still work or does everything have to be stereo now?
How does it work?

Should work just fine. I've been using it in mono for ages. Might be different for the internal poweramp though.
WTLTL 2011