Poll: Are you stoked about the near future (25 - 30 years)?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you stoked about the near future (25 - 30 years)?
Yeah bro, let's do this.
32 52%
Naw dawg, shit's gonna suck.
12 19%
I used to be stoked but am not anymore.
8 13%
I was never stoked about the future and I never will be.
6 10%
Power laces! Alright!
4 6%
Voters: 62.
Simple question, Pit. Are you stoked about the near future? There are plenty of reasons to be stoked about it and plenty to make you wish yourself off this planet, and we can talk about individual concerns about future outcomes, but you most certainly have a gut feel of whether you think the near future might be a time and place that you will enjoy and not hate. I'm not saying the future will be crappy, but it will most likely be crappy, instinct tells me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Mar 11, 2012,
That is not my near future....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Erm, depends. As a 17 year old I see it as moving out, being independant, starting my own life, creating my own identity. Freedom thing, you know? But it's also scary. 'Cause it's the real world. Bad things can happen to you and that safety net isn't under you anymore.

Basically: yeah I'm stoked but freaking scared too.
If you meant stoked because of my own personal life then no. I already see me killing myself out of severe isolation and loneliness in 10 years.

If you meat due to to science and new discoveries, then yes.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I think the overall state of the world will probably decline in 25ish years. But I don't care, i'm still excited to live life. **** the conditions.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by rock.freak667
If you meant stoked because of my own personal life then no. I already see me killing myself out of severe isolation and loneliness in 10 years.

If you meat due to to science and new discoveries, then yes.

I hope you're kidding.

If you aren't;

OT: I don't think 25-30 years is the near future. 5-10, maybe 15. But yes. I am very stoked. Nobody here will know why, though.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Last edited by Alpha_Wolf at Mar 11, 2012,
The future's been in a decline since the industrial revolution man.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Unstoked.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Hell yeah. I want my hoverboard!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
25-30 years = not the near future. Near future for most people is getting out of college and getting a job/my own life. That's more like 5 years. Shit, some people might be dead in 25 years.
Quote by chev311e
25-30 years = not the near future. Near future for most people is getting out of college and getting a job/my own life. That's more like 5 years. Shit, some people might be dead in 25 years.

Yeah... the definition is a little subjective but let's stick with near future being 25-30 years and far future 50-60 years from now. We're adapting to longer lifespans already. These generations are supposed to exceed 100 years of age.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If they haven't made any progress in Gundam building in 30 years, I will off myself.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
We're going to have to deal with the world regardless whether it takes a good turn or a bad one. Might as well take it head on br0.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Sure, why not?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
For the most part yes. I'm not confident about the economic stability in the future, but it will be interesting to see how different my life will be 25-30 years from now. Family life, career, etc. And for the large part I'm stoked about dusting an old CD player off in the future and playing some of my CDs of bands who will no doubt be far beyond finished by that time.
I have no idea.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I hope things are worse. Nothing builds character like ol' fashioned hardship.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
We had that discussion last week about the risks of technology leading to a totalitarian state, so I'm a bit worried. But at the same time, this is a great time to be alive. Good standard of living if you live in the first world, and there's still hope to prevent that kind of future.

I'm stoked, I guess. I've always wanted to be alive to see what is typically portrayed as advanced cities in the future.
I have no doubt we're going to live in one of the greatest periods in human history.
Check out my band Disturbed
I wouldn't call the next 25-30 years the "near future" but I think it's going to be pretty shit.

This has nothing to do with where the world is heading. I have a feeling that it will only get worse for me, because I will no longer be young and able to enjoy life. The best years of my life are over. The next 25-30 years will be spent struggling to accept that I'll never achieve my dreams.