Page 1 of 6
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8433529/Rogue-US-soldier-kills-16-in-Afghanistan-rampage

Sixteen Afghans including women and children have been killed in their homes by a rogue US soldier in a pre-dawn rampage, plunging relations between the two countries into a new crisis.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the slaughter as "unforgivable".

"When Afghan people are killed deliberately by US forces this action is murder and terror and an unforgivable action," Karzai said in statement.

The American soldier entered the homes of civilians in the southern Kandahar province and killed 16 people including nine children and three women, the statement said.

It quoted a wounded 16-year-old, who was shot in the leg, as telling Karzai by phone that the US soldier entered their home in the dark, woke up his family members and then shot them.

"The government and the people of Afghanistan demand an explanation from the United States government of this incident," Karzai said.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force said it had arrested a soldier over the incident, and the commander, General John Allen, condemned "this deeply appalling incident".

He also vowed to hold "fully accountable" anyone found responsible for the killing spree.

"I cannot explain the motivation behind such callous acts, but they were in no way part of authorised ISAF military activity," his deputy, Lt. Gen. Adrian Bradshaw, said in a statement as the US rushed to offer condolences.

"The United States extends deepest condolences to the families of today's tragic shooting and we're saddened by this violent act against our Afghan friends," a State Department spokeswoman said.

The US embassy in Kabul sent out an alert to its citizens in Afghanistan warning that as a result of the shooting "there is a risk of anti-American feelings and protests in coming days".

An AFP reporter at the scene of the killings counted the bodies of 16 people, including women and children. In one house, an elderly woman screamed: "May God kill the only son of Karzai, so he feels what we feel."

Western sources said the rampage began after a US soldier walked off his base in the early hours of Sunday morning, apparently heavily-armed and carrying night-vision equipment.

He was arrested outside the base after the shooting by members of the Afghan National Army, the army corps commander in southern Afghanistan, Abdul Hameed, told AFP.

The massacre was the latest in a series of incidents that have badly frayed US-Afghan relations, complicating negotiations on a strategic partnership agreement between the two countries for when US combat operations end in 2014.

The treaty would likely cover the legal status of any US troops remaining in Afghanistan to help Kabul with intelligence, air power and logistics in the fight against Taliban insurgents.

In Iraq, Washington abandoned its pursuit of a strategic partnership deal and pulled out all its troops, leaving no residual force, after failing to get Baghdad to grant its soldiers legal immunity.

Relations plunged to an all-time low last month after the burning of Korans at a military base near the Afghan capital, sparking anti-US protests in which some 40 people died and forcing US President Barack Obama to apologise.

During the protests, six American soldiers were killed when Afghan colleagues turned their weapons against them.

But there was no word on what might have motivated the soldier's actions in Kandahar.

An Afghan government official, who described Karzai as "very angry" over the incident, said the president had dispatched the army chief of staff to head an investigation.

Afghan resentment of US forces has also been provoked by a video posted online in January showing US Marines urinating on the bloodied corpses of slain Afghan insurgents -- an incident condemned by the Pentagon.

And in November, the ringleader of a rogue American military "kill team" charged with murder for shooting civilians for sport was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison by a military panel.

Kandahar is a stronghold of Taliban insurgents fighting to oust Karzai's government, which is supported by some 130,000 US-led NATO troops.

So, how will he get treated by the military court? Let off with a demotion and suspended sentence, or will he be held fully accountable?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Mar 11, 2012,
inb4rambo
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
They're gonna give him lots of toys and candy.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Let's just leave Afghanistan already, have we not killed everyone there yet?
At the rate our military courts are going, he'll probably get ice cream for dinner and a later bedtime for a week.
I commend him for killing those dirty brown terrorists.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Zoot Allures
I guess he'll get promoted or something.

He deserves it too. He went into the village and took down 16 of those god damned terrorists all by himself. He deserves all the respect in the world.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I think the US military—or maybe just the Armed Forces—should increase the effectiveness of their recruit evaluations to weed out the psychos like this guy; whatever they need to do. But I realize there's only so much they can do to avoid these situations.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Oh good, its been literally minutes since we've had a good antiamerican circlejerk on here. I was afraid Zoot and all them wouldn't know what to do with themselves.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
He deserves it too. He went into the village and took down 16 of those god damned terrorists all by himself. He deserves all the respect in the world.

Man I was just reading about this on Yahoo...saw the comments which have apparently become integrated with Facebook. You'd think that some of these Republican morons would quell down on their retarded posts, but I think they've become even more retarded.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-us-soldier-reported-shooting-rampage-afghanistan-tragic-190511568.html

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by LRCGUITAR
This only ever seems to happen with Americans...

Really? REALLY?

Do you even think about what you post or do you stroll on into a thread about the US and post "lol America" right away? Not really directed towards you personally, but everybody on this forum.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh good, its been literally minutes since we've had a good antiamerican circlejerk on here. I was afraid Zoot and all them wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Oh, thank god we've got an anti-contrarian over here!

Quote by Xiaoxi
Man I was just reading about this on Yahoo...saw the comments which have apparently become integrated with Facebook. You'd think that some of these Republican morons would quell down on their retarded posts, but I think they've become even more retarded.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-us-soldier-reported-shooting-rampage-afghanistan-tragic-190511568.html

oh, god, my brain

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Last edited by moscaespañol at Mar 11, 2012,
That dude's goin' to jail.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Xiaoxi

The stupid...... IT BURNS!!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
He is a brave American soldier. All of you people need to realise that he is killing innocent civilians to protect your rights. Yes, it's bad that sixteen people were killed, but they weren't Americans, and that's all that matters. Anybody that wants this man to be punished can **** off.

/Just showing a different view on these events. >_>

edit: I obviously wasn't trying to be a legitimate troll, but I ****ed up by not spelling it "realize".
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by Spartan101400
Execute him...immediately.

Execution by firing squad:

So...am I alone in wanting to round up people who post like that and put them in a concentration camp?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
So...am I alone in wanting to round up people who post like that and put them in a concentration camp?

Nope.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Dat comments page.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AeroRocker
Really? REALLY?

Do you even think about what you post or do you stroll on into a thread about the US and post "lol America" right away? Not really directed towards you personally, but everybody on this forum.

Usually the second one. I'm not saying anything about America, I'm just remarking that when this kind of thing does happen, i.e. brutality by soldiers, it's often American soldiers.
Quote by moscaespañol
Oh, thank god we've got an anti-contrarian over here!

...Anti-contrarian?

Isn't that a double-negative?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Usually the second one. I'm not saying anything about America, I'm just remarking that when this kind of thing does happen, i.e. brutality by soldiers, it's often American soldiers.

Cause Americans are the only ones on the front lines maybe?
Quote by captaincrunk
You want to torture and murder millions of people? I'd hope you're alone in that.

I am not alone in that.

Take commenter Jeff Clark from that page for example:

Quote by Jeff Clark
1 poor fella cracks and everyone wants to kill him for doing what many would like to do, he just had a wet dream, I am getting hard thinking about it, Kill them sons a bitches, every ****ing one of them, I call for all non-muslims to rise up in every corner of the Earth to elimanate all Muslims, they must be destroyed
31 likes for this grrr888 post, by the way.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by necrosis1193
...Anti-contrarian?

Isn't that a double-negative?

well, yes, but intentionally so.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by captaincrunk
You want to torture and murder millions of people? I'd hope you're alone in that.

Who said anything about that? Concentration camps are just holding areas for a large group of people. Anything beyond that is specific to whatever concentration camp you might be referring to. The Japanese living in America during WWII were put into concentration camps and were not tortured and murdered. The Jews living in Poland during WWII were. There's a difference. And it's also completely hypothetical and non-serious. He was just expressing his disdain for the people on the Yahoo comments section, which any rational thinking person should feel.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I am not alone in that.

Take commenter Jeff Clark from that page for example:

What. The. FUCK!
___

Quote by The_Blode
Not to mention rounding up every redneck is a lot more practical than trying to find every single Muslim in the world. Some of us have work in the morning.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.