It's inevitable, we're going to have robots that do annoying everyday tasks for us sooner or later. The question is, when do you think they will be released and become mainstream to the pubic? (think of it as a computer, in the 1990s, almost nobody had computer due to cost and no forseeable use, but now almost everyone has one)

Bill Gates says in around 25 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfbnE4Q7U5A

(skip to 1:50)
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
I am a robot and I find this offensive.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
in Japan, right about two years ago.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
You're all robots, man. Robots that grind in the gears of society, man.
Check out my band Disturbed
Hopefully never, I don't want Samual L. Jackson saving the world from an evil robot in an overrated movie.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
it's already happened

I have one.

edit: sorry for the ridiculously large picture.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
HOPEFULLY NEVER

if so I will crush them

/war on robots
My God, it's full of stars!
I built a droid to help out my mother with chores when I was a toddler.

Except that it was a translator droid, who admittedly sucks at anything the least bit laborious, and can't bend its arms.

For some reason I foresee sex robots long before we get maid robots like in the Jetsons. Just seems higher on the list of priorities for Japanese scientists.
Last edited by xSheogorathx at Mar 11, 2012,
Quote by Dreadnought
HOPEFULLY NEVER

if so I will crush them

/war on robots

You would be winning that war if you were still a drunken mod! Since you've given up drinking/your powers they've infiltrated UG and it won't be long until they've taken complete control. I hope you're proud of yourself!
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by xSheogorathx
For some reason I foresee sex robots long before we get maid robots like in the Jetsons. Just seems higher on the list of priorities for Japanese scientists.

It's generally accepted that sex robots are going to be here first. They're easier to make as well since they don't really need much AI, just some realism.
Quote by Dreadnought
I didn't give up drinking, n00b

You don't drink as much though. You really should ask Carmel if she can mod you again. There were fewer adbots and the place was more interesting with you going on your drunken rampages.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Depends what you call a robot I suppose. A dish washer and washing machine could be considered robots. They don't have to be mobile.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
A computer is a little bit different than a personal bitch. Paying a human to be your bitch is going to be way cheaper and more functional than any robot for a long time lol.