So I come home from school to visit home. Low and behold, my precious 69 RI Mustang is riddled with dents and dings. I've had a few here and there on it, no big deal, now I just look at it and "blegh". It'd be one thing if I got those dents while playing it or something, at least then they'd have a story.

Not some f*cking mystery dents that make it look ugly. Sorry to rant, I'm just pissed off.

Anyway to get them out? They're mostly small dings, 1cm or so in diameter...but one of them is about an inch long.

Thanks for any help.
Make up an awesome story to go along with the dents.

I suggest one involving ninjas or bears.

Most dents are only going to be in the finish and the only real way that I know of to get them out would be to sand it down to the body and repaint.
if that's the only solution, then it's probably more trouble than it's worth...it just kinda sucks. Being shit on by my life for 5 months and then this happening...feels bad D;
Rather than waste time trying to repair the irreparable, take some time to come up with stories for how you got them if that's what you need. I honestly doubt anyone would spot a small dent on your guitar and wonder: "OMG, how did that happen, I am seriously interested?"

Just live with it.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
if that's the only solution, then it's probably more trouble than it's worth...it just kinda sucks.

It is more trouble than it's worth IMO because as soon as you get it redone some more dents will come along. Plus guitars are meant to be played and dents only add character.
Yeah, most of these dents are from when I knocked a great white sharks teeth out in the battle of 85.
Yeah, most of these dents are from when I knocked a great white sharks teeth out in the battle of 85.

hmmm, intriguing
I think you have more important things to worry about if some mysterious force i beating up your guitar while you're at school.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Oh, you were in that battle too?
You might remember me, I was the one that beat up that Sharktopusbear with my Ibanez, stabbing him with the headstock in the end.
Does it affect how the guitar sounds/plays? If so, consult a guru. If not, get over it unless you paid thousands for it or are anal about resale value.
I am a fake mountain.
Meh. That's character. You don't need an awesome story. It's enough that now that guitar is now identifiable as "yours".

IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Adds character. A "perfect" guitar is boring. Look at Steve Morse's guitar. Thing has been through hell and back so many times that the finish has worn down to the wood in certain places. That's a special guitar. Look at it this way, each ding tells a story.
Quote by Green_Ghoul
So I come home from school to visit home. Low and behold, my precious 69 RI Mustang is riddled with dents and dings. I've had a few here and there on it, no big deal, now I just look at it and "blegh". It'd be one thing if I got those dents while playing it or something, at least then they'd have a story.

Not some f*cking mystery dents that make it look ugly. Sorry to rant, I'm just pissed off.

Anyway to get them out? They're mostly small dings, 1cm or so in diameter...but one of them is about an inch long.

Thanks for any help.

Exactly how did you get dents and dings on your guitar while you were in school? Someone is paying back for something you did? siblings?
Both my Mustang and my Les Paul have tiny dinks in the exact same place. Both from me spinning my chair into the corner of the desk. You'll get over it though.

I was absolutely devastated when I dinged my Mustang though. I'd only had it like a month or two and all ):
Last edited by BigSmokeDawg at Mar 12, 2012,
Check out Doyle's guitar from the Misfits. Mother of god, if that could talk...
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

What's BLEGH mean?Where do you live,Beirut?Then it was Israeli ninjas,with NATO bears.Or do you have an Ahole little brother who thinks you're an Ahole.Or your neighbors,or mother or
Quote by panhead201
What's BLEGH mean?Where do you live,Beirut?Then it was Israeli ninjas,with NATO bears.Or do you have an Ahole little brother who thinks you're an Ahole.Or your neighbors,or mother or

this is what i meant to say.