I have this solid-wood acoustic guitar that I got signed. Does this affect the tone? Can it be removed (it's sharpie) without damaging the guitar? Does this affect my guitar whatsoever?
Why would it affect it? And if you want it removed why did you get it signed??
It will not affect the guitar's tone.

Can it be removed (it's sharpie) without damaging the guitar?

Does your guitar have a gloss finish or satin finish?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
ignore the haters who are jealous your guitar is signed

but of course it affects the tone, it's an extra thing on the guitar the makers didn't account for!

it may also affect the intonation and tuning stability of your instrument, i'd suggest you get to your local luthier ASAP and pay them to remove it because sharpie is toxic and can damage the wood!!

*above post may or may not be truthful.

*ok i admit, said post is complete bol*ocks. of course it doesn't affect your guitar at all
If it's signed by me, then it will have a huge negative impact on it's resale value.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by tom183
It will not affect the guitar's tone.

Does your guitar have a gloss finish or satin finish?

It's all solid wood, no finish
before i mock you, who signed it?
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
i signed it. and it's in crayon, not sharpie. nobody in their right mind would give me anything close to a sharp object.
Quote by mike_oxbig
before i mock you, who signed it?

...you wouldn't want to know...I think I'd get mocked more.
Quote by dragonkidkoga
...you wouldn't want to know...I think I'd get mocked more.

more than you already have been????

i doubt that, might as well just tell us.
i'm dying to know who would deface your guitar enough to warrant the need to remove it. it was Justin Bieber wasnt it? ( don't let mikeox know... he'll be posting an NGD in a few days if he finds out, he's a phsychotic stalker fan of justin's)

you crazy canadians ! geesh !
Quote by Dempsey68
more than you already have been????

i doubt that, might as well just tell us.

Tom DeLonge