It was awesome until the singing started - you should work on that aspect.
Last edited by Ultima2876 at Mar 12, 2012,
Mate it was pretty sweet until the singing started. I don't like giving negative feedback but that really ruined the song for me. It was pitchy and your singing style sounded like you were being choked. All I can suggest is either get yourself some lessons, or get someone else to sing. Vocals aside the intro guitars sounded pretty cool. Solid riff and good tone. And the drums weren't bad either.

I tried to be gentle, but you did ask for an honest critique...
Give my stuff a listen if you get a chance
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1521141
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Dont feel bad about telling me my vocals are bad, I knew that going in. It's something im working at but I really just want to find a singer. I was also trying to get that grunge esque cobain singing style, maybe I should drop that lol. Thanks for taking the time to review the song.

Best song on ug? Now I really dont believe that haha, but thanks for the compliment.
Last edited by Duce180 at Mar 12, 2012,
First time I check out these forums in years, decided to see whats happening - your song is amazing!

I absolutely love the guitar, especially when the distortion kicks in. And the drums too, (recorded for real or programmed?) really good song.

Singing isn't as bad as I expected reading the comments, but could be improved, maybe with a little more control and a bit more strength in it.

But seriously, song kicks ass!
Duce180,
Interesting guitar riffs. Vocals sound kind of like a twisted Bush at times. I myself do unusual vocals; I have mixed feelings about the vocals in "Go Ahead" though, I like some of them. I like most of the guitar licks. Good production. The recording sounds pretty professional. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714
Quote by BASEnutter
First time I check out these forums in years, decided to see whats happening - your song is amazing!

I absolutely love the guitar, especially when the distortion kicks in. And the drums too, (recorded for real or programmed?) really good song.

Singing isn't as bad as I expected reading the comments, but could be improved, maybe with a little more control and a bit more strength in it.

But seriously, song kicks ass!

Thanks glad you digged it. The drums were programmed with Ezdrummer. My friend is going to let me use his vocal mic, so im going to try to give this song another shot with vocals. Believe it or not, I just used my laptops built in mic to record the vocals lol.

So look for a version 2 of the song.

Thanks for the honest criticism guys, thats why I post my songs on here, im looking to improve.
Last edited by Duce180 at Mar 14, 2012,