What should I be expecting? I have never played a tube amp before. The cabinet I am getting was made by Crate. It's one of their older models, the blue one with the gold logo in front. The speakers are Vintage 30's. It's also the slanted version. I've heard so many different opinions on this cab, all the way from saying it's trash to saying it sounds just as good as any Mesa 4x12.

Combine this with the ISP Decimator pedal for feedback suppression and a boss gain pedal just in case I need that extra punch.

Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Wackyzack at Mar 12, 2012,
Expect to have your head explode.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
Expect to have your head explode.

Could you possibly expand on that? Also, will I be able to play very loud in a suburban neighborhood without waking people up at night?
You're basically growing up to be a man when you make that switch. I don't know much about that Crate cab, but you decide if it sounds good.

If you dig the tone of a trash can with V30s, then by all means, go for it.

I'm sure you meant the ISP Decimator. THAT'S A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT RIGHT THERE. It'll get rid of the feedback if you put it in front, but it'll focus on quieting the hum if you run it through the effects loop.

As for the Boss gain pedal, let's pretend that thought never sprouted in your mind. The 6505 has enough punch.

I run my 6505+ through a Vader 412 cab. Idk how your cab might sound, but my tone tends to be a little "dry". So I boost it with a Maxon OD808 for an extra wetness.

Overall, the 6505 is LOUD and takes it to another level of amplification.

Fiddle around until you like your tone, then fiddle with it some more.

It's not something you'll dial in your first couple of minutes or hours. It took me days to find a tone of my liking. But you can still find your tone in seconds if you know what you're doing.

Just be careful you don't blow your ears out with the Post(Volume) knob.

Cheers
Last edited by DduranHEY at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by Wackyzack
Also, will I be able to play very loud in a suburban neighborhood without waking people up at night?

That doesn't really make sense.....
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
What do you mean by wetness and dryness? Not very familiar with all the terms. But I think I might know what you mean and that is what I am trying to avoid by getting the gain pedal. Tinkering with it with give me a better tone, at least I'm suspecting it will after reading what people have to say about gain pedals.
Quote by Wackyzack
What do you mean by wetness and dryness? Not very familiar with all the terms. But I think I might know what you mean and that is what I am trying to avoid by getting the gain pedal. Tinkering with it with give me a better tone, at least I'm suspecting it will after reading what people have to say about gain pedals.

The amp has more than enough "Gain", what you want is an overdrive pedal. Overdrive and Gain are two different things, but many confuse them with their similarities. Gain will give you more of a fizz and will really clunk up your sound. Overdrives give it a nice boost. Plenty of bands have OVERDRIVE pedals in front of their setup.

Since the 6505 is a dark sounding amp, the OD pedal will brighten it up and give it a boost (depending on your settings).

Just do a little more research and read some forums like I did to familiarize yourself more with the amp.

What do you plan on playing with this amp?
Expect a 6505. If you don't get one, call the place you bought it from.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Wackyzack
Also, will I be able to play very loud in a suburban neighborhood without waking people up at night?

Do you understand how sound works....
Quote by Wackyzack
y not?

You need to ask? Unless you build a sound proof room or an iso-cab how can you play loud and not be loud? I'm not understanding where you're head's at.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
inb4 TS comes back saying he needs a new amp because the 6505 is too loud.

What exactly is the point of this thread? You already got the amp, correct? Why are you asking us questions after the fact? Why not just play it?

(also, the 6505 is seriously loud. It's a very hard amp to tame.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X