right, so I'm thinking wether to buy this behringer pedals? either a compressor or a phaser. I dont need a really weird haser. just something for like buckethead kind of tone like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nisOvBQmDi8

so for cleans, may be distortion too

I was looking at their metal chassis pedals like the black phaser and the vintage phaser.. any ideas how these are compared to the plastic ones? (my current concern is the bypass. I dont have my true bypass box here with me atm)

and as you might have guessed, the money is a HUGE issue
I like Behringer pedals. Many people down me because they aren't DigiTech or Boss, but I say give it a shot. They bypass real well to me.
-Godin Freeway SA
-Vox Night Train NT50H
-Boss Volume Pedal
-Ibanez Sweeping Demon
-Hardwire Tube Overdrive
-Hardwire Valve Distortion
definitely worth a try!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
look into Deltalab's Phaser. it's true bypass and fairly cheap. so far i haven't found a phaser that i like better that didn't cost a fortune.
your digitech rp355 has these phasers:

DigiTech® Phaser
DigiTech® Triggered Phaser
Electro Harmonix® Small Stone™
MXR® Phase 100

the small stone does pretty good vintage tones, so does the phase 100.

your rp355 has these compressors:

Boss® CS-2 Compressor/Sustainer
DigiTech® Compressor
MXR® Dynacomp™

the mxr is a pretty popular one for guitarists.

i'd say your cheapest route is to use your rp355, if you still got it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I wouldn't buy Behringer- I've had nothing but issues with them, and the same goes for anyone I know who's had them. As far as phasers, the Electro-Harmonix Small Stone is my absolute favorite. I have an original 1978 Small Stone, but the brand new ones you can get at Guitar Center aren't half bad. Even the Nano sounds pretty good, and goes for cheap used.

As for compressors, don't go cheap. The MXR Dyna-Comp is solid, and is reasonably cheap. The BOSS CS-3 isn't bad either. Also, if you're looking at compressors, think about a noise suppressor, as well. Compressors bring lots of annoying hiss into the mix, and unfortunately it's just the nature of the beast.
Quote by gumbilicious
your digitech rp355 has these phasers:

DigiTech® Phaser
DigiTech® Triggered Phaser
Electro Harmonix® Small Stone™
MXR® Phase 100

the small stone does pretty good vintage tones, so does the phase 100.

your rp355 has these compressors:

Boss® CS-2 Compressor/Sustainer
DigiTech® Compressor
MXR® Dynacomp™

the mxr is a pretty popular one for guitarists.

i'd say your cheapest route is to use your rp355, if you still got it.

thanks man but I'm aware of this. I actually love the Small stone model in RP355. The thing is that I have whammy on my FX slot on RP355 all the time. like ALL the time! So I rarely get to have phaser on. as for the compressor as the post above mine said, they bring a lot of hiss and all so I'd want something that I can turn on and off with my foot. but yeah I guess I'll scratch out the comp, as for the phaser I think I'll also leave this for later.

Actually here's a question, is it possible to hook up an expression pedal to the speed of Small stone?
Quote by Vendetta V
thanks man but I'm aware of this. I actually love the Small stone model in RP355. The thing is that I have whammy on my FX slot on RP355 all the time. like ALL the time! So I rarely get to have phaser on. as for the compressor as the post above mine said, they bring a lot of hiss and all so I'd want something that I can turn on and off with my foot. but yeah I guess I'll scratch out the comp, as for the phaser I think I'll also leave this for later.

going cheap on a compressor is not really recommended, it'll sound no better than what you're describing with your rp355. a used phase 90 or small stone might be for you.

Quote by Vendetta V
Actually here's a question, is it possible to hook up an expression pedal to the speed of Small stone?

you should be able to assign any parameter to your expression pedal (distortion levels, intensity controls, time parameters...) on any effect with your expression pedal. in fact you could even hook a few effects parameters to the pedal at one time if i remember correctly.

on my rp20 all you had to do was highlight the parameter in the menu, hit the assign button, and then move the expression pedal (you could even customize the sweep range and the heel/toe settings). it may be similar on the rp355.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by Guild King
I wouldn't buy Behringer- I've had nothing but issues with them, and the same goes for anyone I know who's had them. As far as phasers, the Electro-Harmonix Small Stone is my absolute favorite. I have an original 1978 Small Stone, but the brand new ones you can get at Guitar Center aren't half bad. Even the Nano sounds pretty good, and goes for cheap used.

As for compressors, don't go cheap. The MXR Dyna-Comp is solid, and is reasonably cheap. The BOSS CS-3 isn't bad either. Also, if you're looking at compressors, think about a noise suppressor, as well. Compressors bring lots of annoying hiss into the mix, and unfortunately it's just the nature of the beast.

the only thing i ever bought behringer (which was probably when the company was very new was a cab, 4x12 with jensens. i paid $220 for it and it was great. came with casters, no rattles, not top quality, probably mdf. the only unique feature on it is that the top speakers pointed to the outside to a small degree. it got beaten and abused and lasted forever. some missing tolex here some there, but it still did the job.

anything else probably isn't that great. hell the cab wasn't great either, but it got the job done.

if you are on a budget sometimes thats all you can get. my income now is significantly higher, so i wouldn't buy Behringer anymore but sometimes people do.

if you have MFX, what you have in it is likly better than anything you will get in that price range.

the dynacomp is terrible IMO unmodded. i don't know if they are a common platform to mod but they are not worth it. i bought one for $20 and didn't like it. probably sold it or used it as leeway in a trade of some form.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gumbilicious
going cheap on a compressor is not really recommended, it'll sound no better than what you're describing with your rp355. a used phase 90 or small stone might be for you.

you should be able to assign any parameter to your expression pedal (distortion levels, intensity controls, time parameters...) on any effect with your expression pedal. in fact you could even hook a few effects parameters to the pedal at one time if i remember correctly.

on my rp20 all you had to do was highlight the parameter in the menu, hit the assign button, and then move the expression pedal (you could even customize the sweep range and the heel/toe settings). it may be similar on the rp355.

dude i Know RP355 by heart I was asking about the real small stone

and actually no I dont know about RP20 but the xx0 and xx5 generations dont have the ability for a few parameters on expression pedal

also ^: I kinda dont like the dyncomp either to be honest :P
as for the behringer thing. well so far I've been using their Xenyx 802 mixer for like 5-6 years, still looks and sounds the same as I got it from the box, so durable and also does the job really well given I payed like 50 bux for it, the other stuff in the same price range is kinda sucky. oh and it's nothing like their pedals with the rattling pots and all
Quote by Vendetta V

I dont ever get any hiss when I use the compressors on my 500....you sure its not a pickup issue?

Quote by Vendetta V
dude i Know RP355 by heart I was asking about the real small stone

and actually no I dont know about RP20 but the xx0 and xx5 generations dont have the ability for a few parameters on expression pedal

also ^: I kinda dont like the dyncomp either to be honest :P
as for the behringer thing. well so far I've been using their Xenyx 802 mixer for like 5-6 years, still looks and sounds the same as I got it from the box, so durable and also does the job really well given I payed like 50 bux for it, the other stuff in the same price range is kinda sucky. oh and it's nothing like their pedals with the rattling pots and all

My 500 lets you assign phaser speed the option comes only if the phaser is already on however, maybe thats why you didnt notice it?
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 13, 2012,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I dont ever get any hiss when I use the compressors on my 500....you sure its not a pickup issue?
No I meant.. I'm playing really higain stuff so the noise can't be not there unless you're using some really high settings on your gate. Besides it's not the noise as much as the you know woof sound sometimes if you know what i mean. so I was thinking a separate pedal with a switch would be quite good. regardless, I figured I better dont buy cheap stuff atm

My 500 lets you assign phaser speed the option comes only if the phaser is already on however, maybe thats why you didnt notice it?

same here, I do it most of the time like that (with the speed assigned to the expression pedal). I was asking about the real Small Stone. cause I might get one later on so that I'd know if it's doable/moddable