....^ what that says. I saw a GC ad with a dinky and a soloist but I can't tell the difference. Please edu-mah-kate- me
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
A dinky's body is 7/8th's the size of a Soloist and a Soloist is always neck-through. Dinky's are always bolt-ons
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
It should be obvious, but there's a decided quality gap between the two.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by sonny bb
....^ what that says. I saw a GC ad with a dinky and a soloist but I can't tell the difference. Please edu-mah-kate- me

Oh hey, another Sonny? That I don't see everyday. If you can afford it, go with a Soloist. If you can't, then go with Dinky.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A dinky's body is 7/8th's the size of a Soloist and a Soloist is always neck-through. Dinky's are always bolt-ons

The Dinky and Soloist body are exactly the same size and shape. They're both 7/8ths the size of a standard Stratocaster body. The only difference is that the Dinky is bolt on and the Soloist is neckthrough.

Also, if it's a shortscale, it's called a Fusion.
Also, depending on the model, the wood used is different too. So it depends on which Soloist model you want, compare to which Dinky model you want.
Quote by sonnyrocker
Oh hey, another Sonny? That I don't see everyday. If you can afford it, go with a Soloist. If you can't, then go with Dinky.

It's a nickname!! but still,
I'm not in the market for either, I'm and Ibanez man personally, but after seeing the ad, which wasn't too descriptive on the differences and my bandmate loving Jacksons, I got curious. I played a soloist in GC It's neck is a bit too thin. Even for me. But the sound is pretty wonderful. Especially with the duncans.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Last edited by sonny bb at Mar 14, 2012,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
The Dinky and Soloist body are exactly the same size and shape. They're both 7/8ths the size of a standard Stratocaster body. The only difference is that the Dinky is bolt on and the Soloist is neckthrough.

Also, if it's a shortscale, it's called a Fusion.

This isn't true. The Soloist's body is slightly bigger in size.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
The deciding factor really is if you want neck thru (soloist) or bolt-on (dinky). And in terms of comparing you really have to compare the USA SL2 to the USA DK1. Both with OFR, dual humbuckers, and just high quality all around. I think most people think of the Japanese DK2, but forget/don't know there is is also the USA DK1. I own a USA DK1 because I prefer the smooth natural wood feel. The painted neck looks nice and all, but for playability I love bolt-on. Both are amazing guitars, it comes to preference.