Right hand if you're right-handed - the picking hand.
I learnt flight of the bumblebee but I can't play it over 130bpm - my hands are getting tired but espescially the right one,
Please for some excersice the strenghten the hand or something like that, I'm getting bored of playing 0000000000 just to metronome for an hour, I'm already doing it everyday in my warm-up.
Your hands are probably getting tired because you're wasting energy and tensing up. Rather than worrying about strength and speed you're probably going to get better results by working on your timing, accuracy and economy of movement instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Actually I'm watching my right - it's loosen, the wrist is moving and I think it's right technique.
What bout accuracy - I've been learning this piece playing one note-one tick for a long time, going slow steps to 16-notes (one tick-four notes) so I don't know what to do now, so please again, could I get some excercise for picking?
Check Freepower's videos, there is all that you need there.
"Sans la musique, la vie serait une erreur" Nietzsche
I looked over Freepower's video but I couldn't find what I want. Sorry for troubling again, could I get some advice or excercise to faster picking?
Locate the problem. At what point do you; tense up your picking hand, hesitate, make a mistake or fix a mistake (during playing) etc... Locate any problem you can and just practice that. Is the biggest problem really when playing on one string, or is it when changing strings? And if it is when changing strings, is it when "inside" picking or when "outside" picking. And just practice that part, just like two or three notes (with only the right hand and with both hands) and more when you got the main problem down.

Just remember to look for the main causes of your problems. You don't want to have a problem, but you definitely want to find one, 'cause it's there.

This, the answers others gave.. And time. That's what you need. Don't be too impatient with speed, it'll come naturally as you get used to the instrument.
Quote by zyx32
I looked over Freepower's video but I couldn't find what I want. Sorry for troubling again, could I get some advice or excercise to faster picking?

Basically... no.

We don't know what you're doing wrong because you assure us you're doing it right. We don't think you are doing it right.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Basically... no.

We don't know what you're doing wrong because you assure us you're doing it right. We don't think you are doing it right.

This.

Post a video or at least some picture and maybe we could help.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
You say you get bored of doing 00000000
try alternate adjacent strings then non adjacent string skipping. there was a rar file on here somewhere with loads of picking exercices....
But this goes up to 11
OK, so tomorow I'll upload a video of mine with this piece - maybe I'll find out that my technique sucks or another mistakes but I have to change my strings for a video cause these I got now are already used and they do not tune perfect.
Please take a look here tommorow about 18.00 The video should be here already

I'm just gonna add that I thought that the problem is my hand gets tired from too long picking but we'll see tomorow
Last edited by zyx32 at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by zyx32
I'm just gonna add that I thought that the problem is my hand gets tired from too long picking but we'll see tomorrow

That's not a problem though, that's a symptom.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If your alternate picking which you will be on flight. you will only be as fast as your picking hand
So what is your top speed picking 16th's. I've realised this myself the right hand often gets neglected.
Well until the night time girls are on telly!!!!lol
But this goes up to 11
Quote by deltadaz
If your alternate picking which you will be on flight. you will only be as fast as your picking hand
So what is your top speed picking 16th's. I've realised this myself the right hand often gets neglected.
Well until the night time girls are on telly!!!!lol

Do you want to make any of that make sense dude?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
The video is on the way I just have do all this sstuff with YT to upload it
Dear god please put a shirt on
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Dear god please put a shirt on

Sorry, It's really hot in my here you know .
But seriously please rate the playing

I also have to say that in my country men can walk on the street with no shirt and it's OK so I usually do that so I forgot to put a shirt
Last edited by zyx32 at Mar 13, 2012,
Heeellooo! It's for 30 minutes here now and no one wrote how am I playing this, I'm dying to know!
You could try, or learn, to hold the pick more with the side of your index and thumb.

Also, does your palm/wrist touch the guitar? It sure looks like it, but I'm not sure. If it does then theres a problem, only the upper forearm should touch the side of the guitar. Otherwise the hand is floating, though still touching the strings lightly for muting unnecessary noises and a little more strongly when palm muting.

Give your forearm some freedom too. You don't pick from the elbow, but it shouldnt be locked, just relaxed.
Pretty good. one thing more economy with left hand.
But this goes up to 11
Quote by Unrelaxed
You could try, or learn, to hold the pick more with the side of your index and thumb.

Also, does your palm/wrist touch the guitar? It sure looks like it, but I'm not sure. If it does then theres a problem, only the upper forearm should touch the side of the guitar. Otherwise the hand is floating, though still touching the strings lightly for muting unnecessary noises and a little more strongly when palm muting.

Give your forearm some freedom too. You don't pick from the elbow, but it shouldnt be locked, just relaxed.

I hold pick with my thumb, index and midle finger. I read thet Heitfield holds ppick like that. I also tried to pick it like you said but I can't play while standing then (the hand is too horizontally to play).
My wrist and forearm are touching the guitar, the wrist is on strings or bridge.
I just can't beat the speed.
Then I suggest that you fix anchoring issue with your wrist, just lift it off the guitar and leave only the forearm touching the guitar. And the forearm should be able to move a little and be relaxed. Then find a good position for the hand so that the blade of the hand is ready to mute the strings (LIGHTLY and close to the bridge) and you can easily skip any string set. It's gonna feel awkward and annoying, but it's gonna help a lot in the long run. Many of the speed walls you'd run again and again into continuing with this technique are gonna be gone.

Just remember to find the perfect position for relaxed playing and play relaxed.

As for holding the pick I'd suggest reconsidering it. I don't think the hand will be too horizontally if you fix the wrist anchoring thingy.

And you could also experiment with the height that you keep your guitar at. For me, playing that high makes my right hand much harder to keep relaxed, and lowering the guitar gives the arm a much more natural postition. Though the left hand wrist should still be able to stay straight.
Last edited by Unrelaxed at Mar 13, 2012,
I'd say slow it down dude. You are on time but what you are playing sounds like crap. Stop and listen to the dynamics of Every note you are playing. Basically you've moved to a faster speed than you actually have control over. Go back focus on the dynamics and the SOUND of your the notes you are hitting. Make every note just as important as the last. It is a long and tedious road my friend good luck.

So, when you reviewed my pick holding lesson, you just decided "No, actually, my pick holding style is fine".

Then when you viewed the finger independence vid, you said "Nope, nothing here, my left hand is always relaxed and close to the strings".

And then when you viewed the anchoring vid, you said "Nope, my right hand feels relaxed and happy already".

The reason you are struggling with speed is because you don't want to change your technique, but many, many things are wrong with it. You can't even play it at the speed you posted, your actually "max speed" is probably about 20% lower. I suggest you review those vids again and actually take the advice. Otherwise you're wasting my time and yours.

More importantly, you really, really need to work on your timekeeping, you're all over the place right from the start.
Quote by Freepower
So, when you reviewed my pick holding lesson, you just decided "No, actually, my pick holding style is fine".

Then when you viewed the finger independence vid, you said "Nope, nothing here, my left hand is always relaxed and close to the strings".

And then when you viewed the anchoring vid, you said "Nope, my right hand feels relaxed and happy already".

The reason you are struggling with speed is because you don't want to change your technique, but many, many things are wrong with it. You can't even play it at the speed you posted, your actually "max speed" is probably about 20% lower. I suggest you review those vids again and actually take the advice. Otherwise you're wasting my time and yours.

More importantly, you really, really need to work on your timekeeping, you're all over the place right from the start.

Man, you actually qouted my post before you posted your videos links.
Here's what actually happened:
1.someone wrote check Freepower's videos
2.I take your YT chanell what's there: four playlists. I actually was looking for some concrete picking excercise, didn't found - wrote it. but I admit it at this point I should check some right hand videos - my bad here
3.You gave your links and wrote that vid would be ideal...
4. so here it is

Now about your lessons:
1. My holding pick is fine: I'm not gonna keep it beetween my thumb and the side of index finger - it's uncomfortable for me. Like I wrote it: I keep my pick beetween thumb and index+midle fingers. here is something about it too if you ask:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/how_to_play_fast_-_hyper_speed_picking.html
2.I actually didn't view you fingers independence video.
3.Anchoring - I'm working on it. Cannot be seen in the video yet - as I said: wanned the video - got the video.

OK so here's what I'm gonna do now:
1. I will watch some lessons before asking you for the advice. My questions might have too obvious answer and actually waste your time
2. Work with my right hand slowlier (a lot slowlier) using your lessons
3. Just one thing I don't get: I thought I keep timing, I mean play notes in the metronome's ticks?

At the end I just want to apologise you if feel your time was wasted because my laziness and a bit of stupidity. Just hope you gonna forgive me
Quote by zyx32
3. Just one thing I don't get: I thought I keep timing, I mean play notes in the metronome's ticks?

He means you're out of time. As in not in time. You aren't putting the notes where they should be in the bar; slow down and concentrate on getting the whole thing in time and synched up perfectly at a lower tempo. Do it at a speed where you can think about it until you don't have to think about it any more. If you have to think about something you won't be able to do it at any kind of speed.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.