I need to upgrade my pickups, and having looked into a few sounds I really love, I decided that the Gibson 496R Neck pickup, and either the 498T or the 500T bridge pickup will be best.

But Gibson are expensive, and not necessarily the best. I think Dimarzio are as great, and wondered if there are any Dimarzio pickups with a similar tone, or that can cover that sound. I'm looking at that Alex Lifeson tone, and the Gibson Explorer tone.
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
Gibson pickups are pretty overpriced for what they are. I'm assuming any sort of PAF-based pickup would work.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
What guitar have you got?
What amp have you got?
What are you looking to change about your sound?
How much have you got to spend?

There's no way I'd ever suggest buying Gibson Pickups as aftermaret upgrades, and certainly not the two models you've got down as they're pretty generic and nothing spectacular.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
... as they're pretty generic and nothing spectacular.

I like the sound they get.

Also, these are for an Epiphone Explorer I use a Marshall JMP MK2 50. I want to get as close as I can to to that classic Gibson Les Paul tone, mainly the Alex Lifeson tone (Obviously with an Explorer I'm gonna get more bass resonance, but that's not necessarily a bad thing). I played a Gibson Explorer with a 500T in the bridge and it sounded great. But still leaning more in favour of the 498T. And budget wise, I would say between £100-£200 - Considering that most pickups seem to be roughly £60/£70.
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
i'm putting dimarzios in my LP. putting an air norton in the neck and a d-activator in the bridge. dimarzio has some nice pickups for a really good price though, a lot of people like the 36th anniversary PAFs. i think gibson pickups are great, i love my 57 classic in my jazzbox and i think the burstbuckers are nice too, but i could see where people would think theyre over priced, but that 57 was totally worth it
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
SD Pearly Gates
2002 PRS CE22