so if i run a vox tube amp into a ss amp will it sound like sh!t? sorry i dont know much about tube amps or tubes in general xD
press ctrl + w
Do you mean tone lab or actual tube amp? If its a tonelab, run it through the effects loop to bypass the ss amp's preamp, then you should get some decent sound as long as you don't crank the SS amp (ss amp breakup is atrocious). But doesn't the tonelab have a tube in it? Not sure how that'll sound, but give it a shot.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
It seems you ahve no idea what an amp is. The tonelab is a multi effects pedal, not an amp.

Read this, its a thread with all the info that you need about amps and gear in general.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

Quote by Pyrax87
Do you mean tone lab or actual tube amp? If its a tonelab, run it through the effects loop to bypass the ss amp's preamp, then you should get some decent sound as long as you don't crank the SS amp (ss amp breakup is atrocious). But doesn't the tonelab have a tube in it? Not sure how that'll sound, but give it a shot.

The tube is a bit of a gimmick since all it does is buffer the signal

What I would like to see is if someone used a modeller in which the distortion came from a proper tube preamp, and a digital chip to alter the voicing. . . . .
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 12, 2012,
A tone lab is a multi-effects unit, and not a tube amp. However, for a multi-effects unit it is mediocre at best. You can plug your guitar into it and play through a solid state amp; just use it for its effects if it works.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i know but its has a tube in it and i was just asking if it would sound weird running through a ss amp
press ctrl + w
Just give it a try. I was running a Zoom G7.1ut through a solid state and it sounded amazing after extensive parameter tweaking.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
In all seriousness, no. It will not sound bad. Just run the solid state amp as clean as possible. Chances are you might clip your signal, so if it has one, run the MFX through the amp's effect's loop. Just plug the output of the Vox into the Send of the loop.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Pyrax87
Just give it a try. I was running a Zoom G7.1ut through a solid state and it sounded amazing after extensive parameter tweaking.

Ah. The bane of MFX units. You realize it actually sounds good only like a decade after you buy it
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Ah. The bane of MFX units. You realize it actually sounds good only like a decade after you buy it

You have no idea how true this is...I love MFX, but its not until months after the fact.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Quote by chestercheetah
i know but its has a tube in it and i was just asking if it would sound weird running through a ss amp

The tube contributes next to nothing. If it sounds like crap, it's because the amp is bad, not because there's a tube involved.