I had some real issues coming up with a title, as well as some issues with coming up tracks for my mix. At one point it was going to be the Barbasol "Close Shave America" song eight times in a row.

It isn't. Don't worry.

Muh muh muh. Muh?

1. Lee Hazlewood - Cold Hard Times [Cowboy In Sweden]
2. Lower Dens - Completely Golden [Twin-Hand Movement]
3. Disco Inferno - It's A Kid's World [The 5 EPs]
4. Oren Ambarchi - Fractured Mirror [Audience of One]
5. Yo La Tengo - Saturday [And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out]
6. June of 44 - Of Information & Belief [Four Great Points]
7. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Pushkin [Sings Greatest Palace Music]
8. Lambchop - Scamper [What Another Man Spills]

Kept it short and to things that i've been listening to recently.

Past Mixes
2/21 - TheReverend724
2/27 - due 07
3/5 - neidnarb11890

Future Mixes
3/19 - turncoat60%
3/26 - bradulator
4/02 - Joshua1207
4/09 - wizards?
4/16 - spitonastranger
4/23 - lookpizza
4/30 - TheReverend724
5/07 - due 07
5/14 - uhh_me?
5/21 -
5/28 -
6/04 -
Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out when I get home. Interested to hear Lambchop.
i don't remember writing that. i think i may have already been asleep when those fightin' words came spilling out of my fingers.
Looks good.

People seem under pressure to pick songs no one's heard before which I totally get but it's still kind of weird idontknow.
Last edited by spitonastranger at Mar 17, 2012,
I will listen to it in a few days when I desire to listen to music. Haven't been in a listening mood as of late.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by spitonastranger
Looks good.

People seem under pressure to pick songs no one's heard before which I totally get but it's still kind of weird idontknow.

Ya, I know it kinda looks like a LOOK HOW OBSCURE MY DICK IS contest or w/e, but the way I see it is these things are a good way to like introduce your fellow A&I frequenters to new music or w/e. \m/
but ya gotta draw 'em in with something they know, in my case the Yo La Tengo.

the way i've always seen it is what's the point of loading up a mix with songs that everyone already knows? unless you're doing something clever by delivering them in a certain order, i don't know if anyone is going to get something new out of it.

in the end though, these are just a fun way to keep the community going because otherwise things are too quiet in here.
Listening to it right now and its pretty good. The Lower Dens song is probably my favorite.
Also the track order you got in the OP seems to be different than the actual order
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Mar 17, 2012,
Quote by uhh_me?

the way i've always seen it is what's the point of loading up a mix with songs that everyone already knows? unless you're doing something clever by delivering them in a certain order, i don't know if anyone is going to get something new out of it.

in the end though, these are just a fun way to keep the community going because otherwise things are too quiet in here.

This is why I decided to bring these mixes back to MR (Yeah, I'm complimenting myself, deal with it). Sometimes it feels like I'm just talking to myself in there.

*Listens to mix*
I don't think my mix was too obscure, for the most part. I was gonna put a thirteen minute jazz track on there, 'cuz I thought it'd be funny, but then I realized it might make people stop listening, so I subbed it out for a two minute punk song.
Quote by uhh_me?

agree with all this.

the mix is pretty sweet. first two songs are awesome.
Quote by frankv
What wrong with thirteen minute jazz tracks?

Triskaidekaphobic indiefags.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Whoah, you gotta relaxxx, man. Today's the 18th.

lol holy shit im retarded. i honestly thought it was the 19th
That was a great mix. I especially dug the opener.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump