I want to know how many jobs/projects are there for a musician (or anything related to sounds pretty much)
Besides the obvious having a band i thought of:
composer - movies / commercials / video games
producer
audio engineering

and my list pretty much ends here... for now.

What other music-related jobs are you aware of?
A & R
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I wouldn't advise you to. If you're smart or have potential in any other "field", you should work on that.
Searchbar
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
One employer that alway seems to be hiring and has lots of sounds - McDonalds, that high intermitent G means thats it's time to pull the french fries out of the oil, that buzzing in A denote that the burgers are done, and that sonorous E is telling you that a customer is at the drive up order station.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by BlackbirdPie
One employer that alway seems to be hiring and has lots of sounds - McDonalds, that high intermitent G means thats it's time to pull the french fries out of the oil, that buzzing in A denote that the burgers are done, and that sonorous E is telling you that a customer is at the drive up order station.

This made my day XD.
there are a lot of jobs for musicians, free lance work, teaching, orchestral work, chamber work, composing, GB work, the problem isn't finding jobs the problem is getting the job, be a solid player first, then the work will find you
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar
there are a lot of jobs for musicians, free lance work, teaching, orchestral work, chamber work, composing, GB work, the problem isn't finding jobs the problem is getting the job, be a solid player first, then the work will find you

Actually I thought the main problem was getting to know the people who can hook you up with a job first. In every industry people are more willing to give jobs to their friends and people they already know can do the job. The music industry is even more so, an open musician job advertisement will attract a whole heap of applications, with most applicants being not up to the job. Much better/safer bet to hire the same guy as last time eh?

I actually was accepted into a band once on the basis of my references, and I didn't even give them any. The bandleader merely asked around the local "scene" as to whether I was any good or not.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
that's a good point, but thats why i love going to school because i am making contacts that will last forever, i love the list of go to guys i know from school...

but its true, you will get work through word of mouth faster than any resume or even a degree. that's how a lot of theatre work tends to be, union jobs can go either way.

the bottom line is it's definitely not easy to just stroll in and be somebody, you may never be a somebody...just remember that guys will always remember the people who piss them off more than someone who didnt. being a nice person goes a long way
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by gerraguitar

Yes that is true, but you if keep on playing it's pretty impossible not to progress. Even if you are an excellent player but have no idea what to do with your playing you are pretty much in a dead end. That's what i wanted to know what i can do as a musician (more or less).
Yet i agree with your statements that acquaintances are the most important. Unfortunately i am not in music school, even though i plan going to an university that has license in music as, i have a very hard time finding those.
Wifi Hotspot

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana