I've seen several references to Karl Pilkington here, mostly by UK folks... Here (America) he has the two Idiot Abroad seasons, but very few people actually know who he is... Does he have more shows in the UK, or is he just more popular?

I think he's hilarious, so I don't get why his shows aren't as popular here... I think Ricky Gervais kind of ruins it for most people.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Just An Idiot Abroad as far as I know. He's a regular character throughout a bunch of Ricky Gervais things though, eg. The Ricky Gervais Show.
Nope. He was on The Ricky Gervais show on XFM and that's how they became friendly. They do a show version of it, where segments of it are animated and i'm fairly sure that gets shown in the US.

Karl Pilkingtons humour increases tenfold when you live around the area he did and get all the little quirks he comes up witht hat you normally hear everyday.
Because An Idiot Abroad airs on the Science Channel here, which no one watches.

I think he's hilarious.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I think Ricky is just as funny as Karl, but he is definitely more suited to writing rather than just being funny out loud, like Karl is.
Sometimes, just the look in Karl's face is enough to crack me up. There's something stupidly funny about his ramblings.
I love him. I've listened to all the podcasts, all the XFM shows and watched both seasons of an idiot abroad.
Consider me a fan.
¯|(°_o)/¯
They do a show version of it, where segments of it are animated and i'm fairly sure that gets shown in the US.(Invalid img)
The guy is a legend, what's everyone's favourite An Idiot Abroad moments?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I guess people here just don't watch the show, then...

The guy is possibly one of the funniest people I've seen. He's both funny to watch and to hear. Which is kind of rare. It's like he isn't trying to act like a monkey. lol
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by andyscoot
Nope. He was on The Ricky Gervais show on XFM and that's how they became friendly. They do a show version of it, where segments of it are animated and i'm fairly sure that gets shown in the US.

Karl Pilkingtons humour increases tenfold when you live around the area he did and get all the little quirks he comes up witht hat you normally hear everyday.

Quote by MrsWoggle
They do a show version of it, where segments of it are animated and i'm fairly sure that gets shown in the US.(Invalid img)

I'm confused what's just happened here.
Congress tart.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
ricky gervais just gets on my tits, hence why i don't watch anything he's in.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Random3
I don't understand him.

I mean he must be aware that the show is mocking him.

I think he is a comedian who plays the part of an idiot very well, but I don't believe that he is actually that stupid.

Nah, you can't fake that sort of thing.

Thing is... he's not actually THAT stupid. A lot of the stuff he says is fair enough, it's just the way he says it and everyone makes fun of him for it. I mean, yeah, he's a bit thick but he's not that bad.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by MadClownDisease

weird

He isn't stupid, he just isn't eloquent.

IE - Talking about the subconscious mind he says "Am I in control of my brain, or is it in control of me?" which obviously sounds as thick as pigshit.
I loved the Captain Underpants books
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
If I listened to Karl's 'quirky' opinions on his own... it wouldn't be funny. Proof = AIA

He's only funny when Ricky and Steve are mocking him... and then he's still not funny, Ricky and Steve are.
When on his own, his stupidity (and don't make him out as some misunderstood genius.. he's not) is just frustrating.
Last edited by ButtHurt© at Mar 12, 2012,
Head like a ****ing orange. I'm a massive Pilkington fan. I love the clip where he gets his prostate examed.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Love him and An Idiot Abroad. Only I think he got a little bit too comfortable with things in season 2. Took some of the fun out it, since he actually seems to enjoy most of the crazy stuff.
Quote by MadClownDisease

Adbots have started to copy and paste bits of other peoples' posts to try and look like normal users.

EDIT: OT most of his best quotes come from the Ricky Gervais show, like his idea about Australian wildlife which is genius.
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 12, 2012,
I absolutely love him, Ricky and Steve are a really good environment for drawing out his nonsense but Ricky can be infuriating when he won't let him speak.

The old XFM shows are just spectacular, I genuinely can't comprehend some of it was broadcast. Like the episode where Karl tries to say all Chinese people look the same, and when he's talking about 'little gay fellas' etc.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I think Karl is the second coming of Christ, but he put all his stats into wisdom and nothing else.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat