This is going to be a tough one for me to explain, so bear with me.

Basically, I'm writing a song and I've added a synth part, which I've written in Guitar Pro and am able to export as a MIDI file. The only thing is, I want a reverse effect on the MIDI, which I'll achieve by converting the MIDI to WAV and then reversing the wave in Audacity or Pro Tools. But, if I do that it means the WHOLE THING will be backwards, meaning the chord progression will be backwards, and the stops will be in the wrong place, and so on. I was wondering if there's a program that will allow me to reverse the order of the notes and their durations of the MIDI file, so that I can then reverse the audio file, so the chords are in the right order and the stops are in the right place. Or will I just have to copy everything I've written in Guitar Pro onto another track, but do it from end to beginning rather than beginning to end?

I know I haven't explained this very well, but I hope you get what I mean

Any help would be much appreciated
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Last edited by TJ1991 at Mar 12, 2012,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I had a Music Technology teacher who wrote some kind of software or a plugin for himself that reverses MIDI data a few years back.

Do you mean you just want something played backwards, or do you want the actually instrument sound reversed as well, like a reversed cymbal for example.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Can't you just export the track you want to have the reverse effect on to midi and import to Pro Tools, and then just play around with the Volume envelope to get the reverse effect? =S
Or have I misunderstood the whole thing here? >.<
Reverse the midi itself without exporting (I don't know how, but do it), then export that result and reverse THAT. That should put a reverse effect on everything and the chord progression should be the way you wrote it initially.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Carl6661
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but I had a Music Technology teacher who wrote some kind of software or a plugin for himself that reverses MIDI data a few years back.

Do you mean you just want something played backwards, or do you want the actually instrument sound reversed as well, like a reversed cymbal for example.

I just want it played backwards. I've written the part forwards, naturally, but I want it to sound reversed, meaning I need to get the actual MIDI data to play from the end to the beginning.

Quote by DeaThrash
Can't you just export the track you want to have the reverse effect on to midi and import to Pro Tools, and then just play around with the Volume envelope to get the reverse effect? =S
Or have I misunderstood the whole thing here? >.<

That would be an option, yeah. The only problem there is that, with it being a synth part, some notes are sustained whilst others change, so if I kept cutting the volume it would sound unnatural.

Quote by Reisgar42
Reverse the midi itself without exporting (I don't know how, but do it), then export that result and reverse THAT. That should put a reverse effect on everything and the chord progression should be the way you wrote it initially.

Yeah, that's the plan really. The 'reverse the midi itself without exporting' is what I'm looking to do - I'm trying to find out if I can get a program to do that, rather than having to reverse it all manually, which will be infinitely more difficult.

Thanks for all the responses so far
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.