Hey everyone, I'm in between novice and intermediate guitar playing at least in terms of technique. I started doing 3 string sweeps recently, but I feel like I occasionally palm mute the strings too heavily. I need to work more string dampening with the fretting hand for sweeps as it would help in all cases. I'd like to know any suggestions or how you guys may have learned this technique.

Thanks in advance, and keep on shredding!
Really need to practice. Play to songs you enjoy hearing be improvising. Whatever arpeggios you are working on...use them in your improvising. Build that muscle memory and your efficiency should build. Don't expect to learn them overnight.
Well......I have big balls.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will continue to practice the arpeggios and the left handed muting technique. I feel like it will take awhile to really get it down, but it will definitely be worth it.
Quote by slashlegions
Hey everyone, I'm in between novice and intermediate guitar playing at least in terms of technique. I started doing 3 string sweeps recently, but I feel like I occasionally palm mute the strings too heavily. I need to work more string dampening with the fretting hand for sweeps as it would help in all cases. I'd like to know any suggestions or how you guys may have learned this technique.

Thanks in advance, and keep on shredding!

Try muting the strings with your right hand THUMB and not palm. A lot of great virtuoso's do this