LAN Snake... Our Local Area Network guys at work use this stuff when running various cables around the building. They have it on big wooden spools.

Told one of the guys I could use a few feet of that at home, and he peeled me off about 9 feet...

I put it to good use!

Talk to the Network Boys for a cheep wire snake! It worked for me...
That's really neat!
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Going to go rob my networking IT counterparts tomorrow! Got a bunch of cables that can use the treatment!
They actually had 2 monster spools of the stuff. One spool was this smaller size, and the second was just above garden hose size...

I went for the smaller and it could easily take another cable or 2 if you wanted.

There's plenty of room because these things do expand if needed.

By the way, that board is wireless too, with a G-30 mounted underneath.
Using the LAN Snake just helps to give the board that extra tidy look!
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Mar 12, 2012,
Tech flex is what I use...

expands when you push it together, and expands to fit nice and cozy. Heat and tear resistant. looks great!

Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Rein, I was just about to post asking if anyone used Tech Flex! I need some of that for my pedalboard. Do you need a hot knife or something like that to cut it?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
You don't need a hot knife, but if you cut it with scissors it frays. I wrapped the ends with electrical tape and then shrink wrapped them.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

That seems like a cool solution as well... But it looks to be a lot more permanent, with the shrinkwrapped edges and everything.

The cable snake looks like an easier option, though your option is definitely neater still.

Plus, I need to fit four good sized cables in there.... FXloop in/out, guitar in, and footswitch. I feel the cable snake would keep things nice and tidy, but still open enough for on the spot troubleshooting.
TS, what is your signal chain for all your pedals?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Y00p
That seems like a cool solution as well... But it looks to be a lot more permanent, with the shrinkwrapped edges and everything.

The cable snake looks like an easier option, though your option is definitely neater still.

Plus, I need to fit four good sized cables in there.... FXloop in/out, guitar in, and footswitch. I feel the cable snake would keep things nice and tidy, but still open enough for on the spot troubleshooting.

Well... If you buy good cables, then you won't have problems. You can use electrical tape instead of shrinkwrap. Besides, any damage happens to the ends/connectors themselves. If there's damage internally along the length of the cable (which you can't open easily), then you're scrapping the cable, whether its in techflex or plastic spiral sleeving.

If you use a hot knife to cut it and secure it with tape, it is much faster and easier to get cables out of tech flex than the spiral stuff. You push it together, and the sleeve expands. Alot.

My armor gold cables are shrinkwrapped twice at the connector to relieve stress and act like a compression fit thing like speakon cables. They are also injected with epoxy to keep the solder joints protected. cheaper than monster and mogami, and just as good, IMO.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Mar 13, 2012,