a while ago i found an article called hanging ten on bass that was supposed to teach you how to use four fingered picking by taping your fingers together, well now i cant find that article so can someone tell me which fingers to tape together or find a link to that article
An article will never teach you a practical skill, only theoretical. This aside, I don't see a reason to use 4 fingers when you can get to insane picking speeds with just 3. If you think there's something into it, then just practice using 4, I don't see how an article would help you.

Taping your fingers together seems like a very stupid thing to do, I've seen countless bass-player videos and none of them were doing anything like that.
What advantage would you get by taping your fingers together? I can't see taht doing anything other than reducing your accuracy and speed
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Taping your fingers together does in fact help when learning to use 4 finger picking, by taping your pinky and ring fingers together and picking as you would in 3-finger style, you'll help to build the muscle in your pinky. Just knuckling down and practicing with 4 fingers will get it done faster, but that taping thing does help, and it's something you can do while just playing normally.

As for the practicality of 4 finger picking, there's always the issue of stamina, why tire yourself out trying to do stuff with 2 or 3 fingers when you're able to use 4? Why limit yourself?