To me it doesn't work that well without vocals or any other kind of melody over the top. Your playing is pretty good, it just doesn't really do much for me as an overall piece. I would say if you recruit a singer or even another instrument to add some melody it could be really good
If you could check out any of the links in my sig that would be sweet. 'Phoenix' is the newest so any crit on that would be great
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
thanks my singer is actually at college right now and she is recording it right now but she needed the video for it.

also on phoenix your voice is amazing and the lyrics are just fantastic im glad you sent me to it i really enjoyed listening to it.
Quote by cmc5890
thanks my singer is actually at college right now and she is recording it right now but she needed the video for it.

also on phoenix your voice is amazing and the lyrics are just fantastic im glad you sent me to it i really enjoyed listening to it.

I have no doubt you'll end up with a great result then
Cheers man, if you like it that much there's a download link in the Youtube description (you don't have to pay) and I've got a couple more songs up if you're interested
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Great song choice! Your playing overall wasnt bad man, there was a little fret buzzing here and there but its nothing a little more practice with the song should'nt fix. Obviously it will sound better once you get some vocals over top of the guitar but for now this is a pretty solid take on the song. Keep on plugging and you'll do well man. If you dont mind doing a C4C I'd appreciate any opinions you have on any of the covers I've done. Ill post a link below

Cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/user/NumbAsAStatue27/videos