Stereopsis - is the impression of depth that is perceived when a scene is viewed with both eyes by someone with normal binocular vision.

Aparently, mines 'broken' since i was little, found out today, that explains why i never understood the whole 'OMFG 3D movie thing'.

Pit how does the world look in 3d?

Aparently some people decribed it to me as
"Imagine you only can only hear mono sound, then you switch it to stereo'
You are lying! Stop trying to be interesting!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
It's pretty koo, you should try it sometime.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Your explanation was confusing. Here is a better one. But I'm sorry TS

Stereopsis

Stereopsis refers to our ability to appreciate depth, that is the ability to distinguish the relative distance of objects with an apparent physical displacement between the objects. It is possible to appreciate the relative location of objects using one eye (monocular cues). However, it is the lateral displacement of the eyes that provides two slightly different views of the same object (disparate images) and allow acute stereoscopic depth discrimination.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Dirge Humani

Thats cruel dude, 3D is something i cant imagine since i never saw it. Its like never getting to hear sound, because you were born deaf.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Your depth perception is broken?

You must be female.

Damn, someone must have let me out of the kitchen then.
It literally is just like swapping from from mono to stereo. It just makes stuff seem more alive, it's not much of a difference but it's nothing to take for granted. I just allows to see how far away or long something is by perception of difference rather than size.
Quote by Arunas
Damn, someone must have let me out of the kitchen then.

I know right? Don't worry they have drugs to fix it man. Good luck.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
So what happens when you wear 3D glasses?

I see double, like... i dunno... like... a 'soul' of an object sticking out a bit, only the original object is in red and the 'soul' is green.
I guess the same happens when you put on someone elses glasses on that dont fit your eyes only the colors are .. normal
Last edited by Arunas at Mar 12, 2012,
Quote by Arunas
I see double, like... i dunno... like... a 'soul' of an object sticking out a bit, only the original object is in red and the 'soul' is green.
I guess the same happens when you put on someone elses glasses on that dont fit your eyes only the colors are .. normal

I kinda want to gouge out your eyes with a spoon and study them... this shit sounds interesting.
I honestly dont know what to think, my whole understanding of the world was a lie for 21 ****in years, haha
wait, woah. ive always complained that ive never been able to see 3d. stereoscopic 3d and what not. shit, i think im stereo blind too D:

actually i think that explains why i was so crap at dodgeball.
Last edited by Marshmelllow at Mar 12, 2012,
Is it truly possibly to be 'stereo blind'?
That sounds weird.

Bask in the weirdness, TS!
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Marshmelllow
wait, woah. ive always complained that ive never been able to see 3d. stereoscopic 3d and what not. shit, i think im stereo blind too D:

actually i think that explains why i was so crap at dodgeball.

lolnah, that's just because you are crap at dodgeball.
Quote by VillainousLatin
lolnah, that's just because you are crap at dodgeball.

oh thats a load off my mind.
So yu view the world in 2D?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I have no depth perception either.

I wish I knew what it was like.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I remember as a kid playing football, we played against a team who's keeper had no depth perception. So the ball looked the same distance away to him until it was right up in his shit.

So I've never had anything but good experience with lack of depth perception.
Quote by willT08
I remember as a kid playing football, we played against a team who's keeper had no depth perception. So the ball looked the same distance away to him until it was right up in his shit.

So I've never had anything but good experience with lack of depth perception.

I keep thinking you're devourke

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
It's like the opposite of lack of depth perception.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Meh. It's overrated.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You can still have depth perception with just one eye, just not as good. You can still see the way shapes change due to perspective and relative motion of objects to each other (parallax). It's just easier and more intense with two eyes that line up correctly.

Do your eyes not line up?

What about people with lazy eye?
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals