So guys, my sister have been involved in this company called Amway. From everything she's been telling me, it sounds a lot like a pyramid scheme. Her defense is that, it's "a diamond" and is "network marketing." She and her husband apparently are going to retire in 3 years as promised by the company because there's nothing enjoyable about life if all you do is work, even if it's a job you like.

Does anybody have any experience with this company or know anything about it?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Use Google. I know the answer but I'm not going to tell you because I think you're being lazy. Other than that I don't know enough about the company but know that I wouldn't even think about being filliated with it in any way.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I did google. I wanted to know if anybody had any personal experience.

Nah, sorry but they've had a lot of problems in the past with the Office of Fair Trading etc. I wouldn't be surprised if, somewhere along the line, they end up scamming a lot of people through director embezzlement etc...
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It is a SCAM. Tell your sister to GTFO.

I've been recruited by them before as well. Trust me, they are a seedy business model.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Tell your sister to come see me, I've got a job for her. Doesn't pay that great but I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

I'm working pretty hard at getting my new job off the ground at the moment, and I'm fucking loving it.
Quote by Xiaoxi

I've been recruited by them before as well. Trust me, they are a seedy business model.

How long have you been with them before you stopped?

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Yes I have had people try to recruit me. No thank you.
Actually I destroyed the career of a Warrant Officer that attempted to use his rank to impress people into his little ring of horrors.

Felt good man.jpg.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
How long have you been with them before you stopped?

I wasn't with them for any amount of time. I went to their recruitment seminar and that was it. Right off the bat I knew something was off...the entire room was filled with Indians who seemed to know each other. Then I looked into it further and basically they're all appearance but underneath it's all malicious. You can Google for yourself how reputable they are.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Rule 1 about pyramid schemes: If people say right off the bat that it isn't a pyramid scheme, it's a pyramid scheme.

Quote by whoomit
Tell your sister to come see me, I've got a job for her. Doesn't pay that great but I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Oh I've got a few positions for her in my company.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Oh I've got a few positions for her in my company.

Oh SNAP!!

Of course, she'll have to start at the bottom....
Quote by whoomit
Oh SNAP!!

Of course, she'll have to start at the bottom....

... and work her way up. If she's lucky, she can be head at my central office.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
From something I read on cracked or somewhere else, I vaguely remember that company being a scam.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Kensai

Once she's in power she can hand out jobs herself.

Sorry man, I'm struggling here
Quote by Kensai

Cubicle
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Only a rube would believe you could do anything, besides invent Facebook or something, and retire in 3 years.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I wasn't with them for any amount of time. I went to their recruitment seminar and that was it. Right off the bat I knew something was off...the entire room was filled with Indians who seemed to know each other. Then I looked into it further and basically they're all appearance but underneath it's all malicious. You can Google for yourself how reputable they are.

I've been trying to get her to actually google the company. All she's been telling me is that you can't trust everything you see on google.

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I've been trying to get her to actually google the company. All she's been telling me is that you can't trust everything you see on google.

OK, if she's going to be a dumbass, then just warn your parents. Tell them not to give any startup money or anything to her. If she wants to be in financial ruins, that's her problem.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Apparently it's not a pyramid scheme, it's a multi-level marketing company.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by stealstrings
Apparently it's not a pyramid scheme, it's a multi-level marketing company.

So a multi-pyramid scheme?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
It's a trap(ezoid scheme)

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Xiaoxi

This.
My buddy is mixed up in it, and he's been trying to recruit me for a few years.
Quote by Xiaoxi
OK, if she's going to be a dumbass, then just warn your parents. Tell them not to give any startup money or anything to her. If she wants to be in financial ruins, that's her problem.

Oh, my parents wouldn't have the cash anyway. My dad said he tried when he was younger but didn't have the time.

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by MakinLattes
You mean Scamway?

Yeah, I feel bad about that. It's shady, not as shady as Cutco, but still shady.

They tried to recruit me once. There is no fucking way that I'm going to pay a company a "start-up fee" so that I can start working for them, and anyone who would is just a gullible idiot.

But it isn't necessarily a straight-up scam. Some people do manage to make a reasonable amount of money, but they are few and far between. The majority of the people pay them, burn through their remaining savings driving everywhere selling their shitty knives, (and they are shitty knives, my parents bought some from my cousin's girlfriend) then quit with less money than they started with. (This is Cutco, BTW, I don't know jack shit about Amway)

OT: I would tell your sister to stop believing what the company tells her, and find her own info on it. No company is going to tell a prospective employee how many other prospective employees its fucked, or their employee turnover rates (which I expect are absolutely insane)
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness