Ok, what I'm looking for is a unit, that can take 2 signals, and create 2 different output mixes.

My guitar (Pod HD direct) and an iPod containing backing will be the two input signals. I then need an output of guitar+backing, and then of just the backing.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/RX1602.aspx

If I purchased that unit, could I send the backing fully to the "mon" setting and then take that output for the desk, and then take the master output to my in-ear montitor unit?

I hope I'm making sense!

Any help guys?
Quote by rocabilly
Ok, what I'm looking for is a unit, that can take 2 signals, and create 2 different output mixes.

tons of products do this.

Quote by rocabilly
My guitar (Pod HD direct) and an iPod containing backing will be the two input signals. I then need an output of guitar+backing, and then of just the backing.

that behringer unit should be able to do what you want just fine.

lots of ways to do this. i would need more info to figure out the best solution for you.

are you using for live applications? then a small mixer for your heapdhones may be appropriate

are you using a computer to record these mixes? then a DAW or software mixer or mutl track interface would probably be preferable to hardware alone.

Quote by rocabilly
If I purchased that unit, could I send the backing fully to the "mon" setting and then take that output for the desk, and then take the master output to my in-ear montitor unit?

if you have in ear monitoring and you want more specialized control over the signals then i'd get something more like this:

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=6

it allows for customization of up to 6 headphone outs based on 2 balance-controlled mixes. also allows each headphone mix to get it's own line input as well. lots of controls for headphone mixing.

what is the purpose for the mixer, and what is your budget?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I had a similar problem earlier... What I did was:

Guitar > POD HD500 > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > Garage Band

iTunes > Play.

Simple as that. Of course, I have the M-Audio for recording, not only for that, but it works very well in this case.
Gibson Les Paul Standard

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
Custom WG Cab with 2x12 Eminence Swamp Thang

Line 6 POD HD500