Poll: '62 reissue Precision bass or Line 6 Variax?
Poll Options
View poll results: '62 reissue Precision bass or Line 6 Variax?
P-Bass
15 94%
Variax
1 6%
Voters: 16.
I got both these basses... both are sunburst/tortoiseshell... both have their pros and cons.

One has to go. Which would be your keeper, and why?
Last edited by ravenhaller at Mar 12, 2012,
The '62 Precision bass, simply because that would be exactly what I'd get if I could financially justify more instruments at the moment. The Line 6 thing is more of an expensive toy, and though I've not played one before, I'd expect that the P bass is a far better player. Really you're comparing two complete polar opposites, one bass that aims to be able to recreate pretty much any sound under the sun, and then one with a single pick-up and tone control. To me, a P-bass is a proper players instrument, and if I could only have one bass and it had to be between those two, that's what it'd be. But that's my own personal choice, and really it depends what you're using it for and which you prefer. The opinions of people on the internet are kind of irrelevant here.
This is really your choice. Most Warwick players love bubinga bodies, I'd rather have ash or maple. Most people hate CBS era Fender, but I really dig the Coronado Bass. Most fuzz players like the newer Wounded Paw Attack Goat better, I can't get into when the old one is so much better. Most bass players like a really throaty low mid, I'm more of a high mid guy.

If you really can't choose, the Fender is a classic that can handle a beating.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I voted variax before I remembered that there are still people in the world who don't own a p-bass or a clone of one.
Quote by CJ Noble
I voted variax before I remembered that there are still people in the world who don't own a p-bass or a clone of one.

Since when should what anyone else owns influence what you do anyway? At least in that sense, I think that's pretty irrelevant. Being different for the sake of being different is entirely pointless and likely counterproductive.
The Pbass has a very singular tone, but its one that fits in almost everywhere. My vote is for the 62.
Well, you guys are echoing what i'm thinking... I prefer my P-Bass more too. The Variax is a pretty amazing tool (and i'm sure it'll become highly collectable in time), but I only ever use the P Bass or Moog presets.

Also - being discontinued and full of circuit-boards is a bad combo - at least everything on a P-Bass is easily replaceable.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Since when should what anyone else owns influence what you do anyway? At least in that sense, I think that's pretty irrelevant. Being different for the sake of being different is entirely pointless and likely counterproductive.

no I mean I have 4 pbass clones and in my shoes would grab a variax. I'm not talking about being different, I mean getting something different than you've already got